20 games selected to showcase the best in alternative video game control schemes at GDC.
Alt.Ctrl.GDC is the always fascinating games exhibit taking place at the Game Developers Conference that highlights the use of alternative control inputs.
Last year saw some fantastic titles on display, including Snail Run and – my personal favourite – bomb disposal game Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.
This year’s crop looks just as promising and features the charming Hello, Operator! – which uses an actual telephone switchboard – and the vacuum cleaner powered Suck My Rainbow.
You can find out more over at the GDC website. It’s well worth checking out the full line-up of Alt.Ctrl.GDC finalists:
- Wiz – Minds N Hands
- Crank Tank – Henry Lam, Andrew Genualdi, Jaeseong Yi
- Little Book – CNAM-ENJMIN
- Ziff – Alejandra Molina (with illustrations by Line Birgitte and music by Nifflas)
- Disruption – Spooky Elephant, Hull University, UK
- Hello, Operator! – Mike Lazer-Walker
- The Von Neumann Personality Test – Matt Hudgins
- DOBOTONE – Maximo Balestrini and Hernan Saez
- Operator – Killigan Industies
- Suck My Rainbow – Triband
- Planet Licker – Azuria Sky, Frank DeMarco, Otis Denner-Kenny and Mouth Arcade
- Petitwo – Steph Caskenette
- Disc Jockey Jockey – Mildmojo
- Please Stand By – Jerry Belich and Victor Thompson
- ROTATOR – Robin Baumgarten and Petri Autio
- Threadsteading – Gillian Smith, April Grow, Chenxi Liu, Lea Albaugh, Jen Mankoff, and Jim McCann
- Palimpseste – Le Chant du Cygne
- Fabulous Beasts – Sensible Object
- Slap Friends! Dispute Resolution Simulator – Pretty Fox Games
- OCTOBO – Yuting Su
GDC will once again be held at the Moscone Center in San Francsico from March 14 – 18, 2016.