The awards were hosted once again by TV personality Maude Garrett and the panel included judges from Japan, Australia, Britain, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the US, amongst others.
“Last night we concluded the first 10 years of the IMGA, awards that celebrate one of the most dynamic and inspiring sectors of the entertainment industry” says Maarten Noyons, founder of the International Mobile Gaming Awards. “I am very thankful of the commitment of our loyal sponsors and the hard work of one of the most talented jury we have had and look forward to the next 10 years.”
Other notable IGMA winners included Simogo’s Year Walk for Excellence in Art Design, Blek for Innvoation and the delightful rymdkapsel received the award for Excellence in Gameplay.
The full list of winners are:
- Best Serious Game: Artisitco: The Game for Art Lovers by Play Art Labs, Ltd.
- Excellence in Art Design: Year Walk by Simogo
- Excellence in Sound Design: Papa Sangre II by Somethin’Else
- Best Technical Achievemen t: Clumsy Ninja by Natural Motion
- Best Shared Experience: Heads Up by Warner Bros.
- Excellence in Storytelling: Republique by Camouflaj
- Best Quikplay: Colossatron – Massive World Threat by Halfbrick Studios
- Best Upcoming Game: Framed by Loveshack Entertainment
- Excellence in Innovation: Blek by Denis Mikhan
- Excellence in Gameplay: rymdkapsel by Grapefrukt Games
- People’s Choice: Tiny Thief by 5 Ants Spain, published by Rovio
- Jury’s Honorable Mention: Luxuria Superbia by Tale of Tales
- Grand Prix: Badland by Frogmind
We have a favour to ask
Thumbsticks has a couple of main aims. We want to write interesting articles and cover games that most outlets won't, and we want to give opportunities to new writers and new voices. And right now, with the current state of online publishing? It's tough! We hate to ask, but if you want us to continue writing what others won't, or to keep covering weird indie games, or to be able to give opportunities to new writers – and only if you can afford it – then please consider supporting us on Patreon.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
This tech demo from Gears of War developer The Coalition is unreal
Unreal Engine 5 running on the Xbox Series X, that is.
Xbox Ultimate Game Sale and Deals with Gold Highlights
This week's Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S digital sales features a new Deals with Gold lineup and the Ultimate...
Mortal Kombat franchise sells 73 million units on console
Warner Bros. Games reveals some impressive sales numbers for Mortal Kombat 11 and the franchise as a whole.
New PlayStation Store releases for July 26-30, 2021
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Neo: The World Ends with You headline a busy week of new PlayStation Store releases for...
Nintendo Switch releases for July 26-30, 2021
NEO: The World Ends With You and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles headline this week's lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop...
New Xbox releases for July 26-30, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator and The Ascent headline the list of new games coming to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Battlefield 2042 beta set for September
Players can try out Battlefield 2042 this September ahead of an October launch.
Mario Golf: Super Rush review
Mayhem and mushrooms make Mario Golf: Super Rush another multiplayer delight for the Nintendo Switch.