Submissions open for the sixth Develop:Brighton Indie Showcase competition
The summer conference season is kicking into gear with a number of events aimed at profiling the best indie development talent. One of the most respected in the UK is the Develop:Brighton Indie Showcase.
This year’s competition will give 10 finalists will have the chance to show their game to around 1,800 developers, publishers and press at Develop:Brighton, held in July. Finalists will also receive some associated conference publicity and two free Indie Dev Day conference passes. Entry to the competition is free but there are a few eligibility rules, so take note.
Previous Showcase winners include Gunpoint, That Dragon Cancer and iOS title, Darklings.
The Showcase is open to:
- Studios with no more than 15 people
- Studios – and games – that are non-publisher funded
- Games which are not published by a third party at the time of submission
- Games that have a development budget of less than £1million
- Games that are created in the “indie spirit”
The deadline for submission is 19 May 2016. The Develop:Brighton conference takes place at the Hilton Brighton Metropole from 12 – 14 July, 2016. Find out more at the Develop:Brighton website.