Want to download the Mythical Pokémon Genesect to Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? Here’s how you do it.
To celebrate Pokémon’s 20th Anniversary a new Mythical Pokémon has been made available to download each month.
Unfortunately, this month’s Mythical Pokémon – Genesect – can’t be downloaded by just connecting your Nintendo 3DS to the internet. Instead you have to pay a visit to one of the following stores to pick up a download code. Codes are available between 1st – 24th November, 2016.
- Belgium – Game Mania, Fnac and Smartoys
- Canada – EB Games
- France – Micromania
- Germany – GameStop or Toys “R” Us
- Italy – GameStop
- Spain – Game
- Portugal – Fnac
- UK – Game
- US – GameStop
Once you have the code you can get Genesect by following the simple steps listed below. You have until 28th February, 2017 to complete the download.
The level 100 Genesect comes with the Download ability plus the following moves: Techno Blast, Magnate Bomb, Solar Beam and Signal Beam.
How to download Genesect
- Scratch the silver coating to reveal the number on your download card – do not tweet or share the code.
- Charge up your 3DS, turn it on and make sure you can connect to the internet.
- Boot up either X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire and select the option for ‘Mystery Gift’ on the main menu.
- Then select ‘Receive Gift’.
- You’ll be asked if it’s OK to open a Communication Channel. Say ‘Yes’.
- Then select ‘Get with code’
- Select ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to connect to the internet.
- Solve a Rubix Cube while the 3DS connects to the ‘Information Super Highway’.
- When asked if you want to ‘Receive this gift?’ say ‘Yes’.
- Once received, your new level 100 Genesect can be obtained from the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center. Make sure you have a vacant spot in your party. You’ll also receive a Wonder Card that can be found in the ‘Mystery Gift’ menu.
- And make sure to save your game!