And teases a new Dying Light announcement, coming at Gamescom 2015.
If there were a competition to see which game could deliver the most DLC in the shortest period of time, then Techland’s Dying Light would be high on the list. Certainly until the first major Witcher 3 DLC drops, which is said to be “as big as Witcher 2“.
Maybe it’s something they put in the water over in Poland?
This morning Techland have released a video called 180 days of Dying Light, to celebrate all of the great additional content that has been released over the first half a year of the game’s lifespan. Here’s a rundown, in case you missed it:
- The Bozak Horde (Dying Light season pass holders)
- Cuisine and Cargo (Dying Light season pass holders)
- Ultimate Survivor Bundle (Dying Light season pass holders)
- Developer Tools (Free for PC players)
- Hard Mode (Free for everyone)
- Parkour Fever (Free for everyone)
- Be the Zombie (Free for everyone)
- Gold Weapons (Free for everyone)
- Character Outfits (Free for everyone)
- Crazy New Weapons (Free for everyone)
- Quarantine Zones 2.0 (Free for everyone)
- Weapon Dockets (Redemption codes)
- Special In-game Events (Free for everyone)
And if all that’s not enough, there’s still more to come for Dying Light fans.
Techland will be attending Gamescom 2015 next week, and number one on their agenda is to unveil the next big addition to Dying Light’s world. They’ll be revealing it to Press in a closed-doors screening first, then unleashing it upon the world immediately after.
“We’re really excited to finally be able to show this major project we’ve been secretly working on since the release of the game. This is Dying Light from totally new angle, but with everything fans love about the original still at the core.” – Tymon Smektala, Producer, Dying Light
It’s cars, though. Not wanting to spoil the surprise or anything, but it’s totally going to be cars. The end of the 180 days of Dying Light shows a couple of players tinkering around with an off-road buggy, and they even showed off a couple of seconds of driving gameplay in a previous teaser video. So yes, definitely cars.
It would be nice if everyone acted surprised though, even though we all know. Good night and good luck, everyone.
Buy the Dying Light: Be the Zombie edition (including season pass) from Amazon.