The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD leads the games coming to the Nintendo eShop this week.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has always been an underrated gem in Nintendo’s venerable adventure franchise. Neither as charming as Wind Waker, nor as wilfully disruptive as Skyward Sword, its attempt to be the ultimate Ocarina of Time homage was perhaps a little to slavish.
This, coupled with some pacing issues and the burden of being a Wii launch title, took the shine off what is one of the boldest and most imaginative games in the series. The game’s dungeon design is simply wonderful, for instance. Although the new HD remake doesn’t look quite as stunning as Wind Waker’s – the source material isn’t quite as timeless, of course – this remaster looks to be the best way to experience this ‘overlooked’ Zelda classic.
There’s another old gem released this week on the Wii U’s Virtual Console in the shape of Advance Wars: Dual Strike. It’s been too long since the last new game in this strategic war series, so if you can cope with the up-rezzed DS graphics you’ll find hours of enjoyment here.
Here’s the full line-up.
Nintendo eShop Releases for 3rd March 2016
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD – €49.99 / £39.99 / CHF 64.90 (available 4th march)
- Chasing Dead – €29.99/ £24.99 / CHF 39.90
- Grumpy Reaper – €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00
- U Host – €9.99/ £8.99 / CHF 14.00
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike – €9.99/ £8.99 / CHF 14.00
- Musicverse: Electronic Keyboard – €7.99/ £7.19 / CHF 11.20
- Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas – €4.99/ £3.99 / CHF 6.00
Want to get in on the eShop action? Pick up a Nintendo 3DS from Amazon now.