Pre-orders open for the CD and vinyl release of Merregnon Studios’ Final Symphony and Symphonic Fantasies Tokyo video game concerts.
The two albums have been recorded, mixed and mastered at London’s Abbey Road Studios and will be released on triple-vinyl and double CD by Laced Records this December.
Final Symphony – which is performed by the London Symphony Orchestra – features arrangements from Final Fantasy VI, VII & X, and also includes the talents of renowned conductor Eckehard Stier and pianist Katharina Treutler.
Symphonic Fantasies Tokyo is performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra and includes music from the beloved Square Enix games Kingdom Hearts, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.
Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu, who oversaw the production of the Final Symphony live event as well as the Abbey Road recording, said:
“It is always an honour to hear my work being performed live on stage, but in bringing Final Symphony to Abbey Road Studios I hope that many more people will now be able to enjoy the outstanding arrangements that Merregnon Studios has become famous for.”
Thomas Böcker, producer of Final Symphony, said:
“It was an absolute musical privilege to work with the London Symphony Orchestra in the same room as Nobuo Uematsu at Abbey Road Studios. This album showcases video game music at its very highest quality.”
The recordings are available in a variety of formats and packages in both CD and vinyl formats.
- Final Symphony Deluxe Triple Vinyl: €44 / $45
- Symphonic Fantasies Tokyo Deluxe Triple Vinyl: €44 / $45
- Final Symphony Deluxe Double CD: €14 / $15
- Symphonic Fantasies Tokyo Deluxe Double CD: €14 / $15
- Final Symphony – Triple Vinyl & Symphonic Fantasies Tokyo Triple Vinyl Bundle: €78 / $80
- Final Symphony Double CD & Symphonic Fantasies Tokyo Double CD Bundle: €24 / $25
- Symphonic Fantasies Tokyo Limited Edition Art Print (500 only): €24 / $25