Square Enix’s multiplayer RPG, Guardian Codex, gets a big new update.
The 1.1.0 update adds an extended storyline, co-op multiplayer enhancements, and visual tweaks to the popular mobile role-playing game.
Set in world split between the Empire and Resistance forces, Guardian Codex casts players as agents sent on a mission into the virtual “Codex”. Players can battle together in multiplayer teams against Empire forces.
Guardian Codex is another quiet mobile success story for Square Enix, having amassed over 1 million players as of last November, although it’s perhaps no surprise given the game liberally pilfers from the likes of Final Fantasy, Star Wars and The Matrix.
Guardian Codex 1.10 update contents
- Additional story content – Two narrative expanding scenarios which unlock after the completion of specific in-game events.
- Improved recruitment screen – The multiplayer recruitment screen now display much more information including Guardians strength, in-game progress, magic stone enhancement values, equipment info and trophy details
- Gear ranks – Design tweak to improve clarity around equipment quality. Main and sub slots for equipped gear are shown with a five-step scale ranging from S to D, with the overall rank value displayed next to the combined total for each of the slot effects.
- Trophy system – Acquired trophies can be viewed on the new Home Screen
- Home Screen – Player guide, Lynn, now appears on the Home screen
We have a favour to ask
Thumbsticks has a couple of main aims. We want to write interesting articles and cover games that most outlets won't, and we want to give opportunities to new writers and new voices. And right now, with the current state of online publishing? It's tough! We hate to ask, but if you want us to continue writing what others won't, or to keep covering weird indie games, or to be able to give opportunities to new writers – and only if you can afford it – then please consider supporting us on Patreon.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Surreal web cartoon Tux and Fanny makes for a sublime video game
In one day I went from not knowing a thing about Tux and Fanny to proclaiming it the best video...
Battlefield 2042 release date bumped to November
Electronic Arts has confirmed that the upcoming military shooter Battlefield 2042 will be released one month later than planned. EA says...
The developers want you to break Age of Empires IV this weekend
After a number of balloted tests, the floodgates will open for a limited-time, unrestricted stress test for Age of Empires...
The PlayStation Store Double Discounts sale returns
PS Plus members get double discounts on PS4 and PS5 games in the latest PlayStation Store video game sale.
Latest Nintendo Switch update adds support for Bluetooth headphones
It's taken a long time, but you can now use your Bluetooth headphones with your Nintendo Switch.
More super games join Xbox Game Pass from today
SkateBird, Sable, and Subnautica: Below Zero are among the games coming to Xbox Game Pass before the end of September 2021.
Save on next-gen optimised games in this week’s new Xbox sales
This week's digital sales include discounts on Xbox Game Studios titles and Xbox Series X|S optimised releases.
Original Nintendo Switch price reduced to make room for OLED model
The original Nintendo Switch price will be reduced, but the Nintendo Switch Lite will stay at its original lower price.