Square Enix’s multiplayer RPG, Guardian Codex, gets a big new update.
The 1.1.0 update adds an extended storyline, co-op multiplayer enhancements, and visual tweaks to the popular mobile role-playing game.
Set in world split between the Empire and Resistance forces, Guardian Codex casts players as agents sent on a mission into the virtual “Codex”. Players can battle together in multiplayer teams against Empire forces.
Guardian Codex is another quiet mobile success story for Square Enix, having amassed over 1 million players as of last November, although it’s perhaps no surprise given the game liberally pilfers from the likes of Final Fantasy, Star Wars and The Matrix.
Guardian Codex 1.10 update contents
- Additional story content – Two narrative expanding scenarios which unlock after the completion of specific in-game events.
- Improved recruitment screen – The multiplayer recruitment screen now display much more information including Guardians strength, in-game progress, magic stone enhancement values, equipment info and trophy details
- Gear ranks – Design tweak to improve clarity around equipment quality. Main and sub slots for equipped gear are shown with a five-step scale ranging from S to D, with the overall rank value displayed next to the combined total for each of the slot effects.
- Trophy system – Acquired trophies can be viewed on the new Home Screen
- Home Screen – Player guide, Lynn, now appears on the Home screen
How did we do?
We hope you found this article useful, or informative, or thought provoking, or maybe even a little entertaining. Perhaps it was a guide that helped you through a tricky bit, or we even saved you some money? Lovely stuff! If you'd like to say "thanks" you could always buy the team a cup of coffee.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Among Us 2022 roadmap includes Friends List feature
Innersloth has outlined this year's content and development roadmap for Among Us.
New PlayStation Store releases: January 17-21, 2022
Here's a quick roundup of this week's brand new PlayStation Store releases for the PS4 and PS5.
Why the ‘Big Box’ Lair of the Clockwork God Collector’s Edition is a big deal
We spoke to Dan Marshall about the Lair of the Clockwork God Collector's Edition, and why indie games getting "Big...
New Nintendo Switch releases – January 17-22, 2022
Shadow Man Remastered and Windjammers 2 headline this week's list of new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox releases – January 17-21, 2022
Rainbow Six Extraction and Nobody Saves the World headline a busy week for new Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One...
Xbox Free Play Days: three more games now free to play
The latest Xbox Free Play Days lineup includes a super Star Wars game, a timely tennis sim, and a wild...
Watch the Rugby 22 gameplay reveal trailer
Ahead of its release later this month, Nacon and Eko Software have released new gameplay footage from Rugby 22.
Far: Changing Tides release date confirmed
Frontier Foundry has confirmed that Far: Changing Tides will come to PC and consoles in March.