Square Enix’s multiplayer RPG, Guardian Codex, gets a big new update.
The 1.1.0 update adds an extended storyline, co-op multiplayer enhancements, and visual tweaks to the popular mobile role-playing game.
Set in world split between the Empire and Resistance forces, Guardian Codex casts players as agents sent on a mission into the virtual “Codex”. Players can battle together in multiplayer teams against Empire forces.
Guardian Codex is another quiet mobile success story for Square Enix, having amassed over 1 million players as of last November, although it’s perhaps no surprise given the game liberally pilfers from the likes of Final Fantasy, Star Wars and The Matrix.
Guardian Codex 1.10 update contents
- Additional story content – Two narrative expanding scenarios which unlock after the completion of specific in-game events.
- Improved recruitment screen – The multiplayer recruitment screen now display much more information including Guardians strength, in-game progress, magic stone enhancement values, equipment info and trophy details
- Gear ranks – Design tweak to improve clarity around equipment quality. Main and sub slots for equipped gear are shown with a five-step scale ranging from S to D, with the overall rank value displayed next to the combined total for each of the slot effects.
- Trophy system – Acquired trophies can be viewed on the new Home Screen
- Home Screen – Player guide, Lynn, now appears on the Home screen
Special delivery for you
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Star Wars: Vader Immortal physical edition is out now on PSVR with exclusive extras
The Vader Immortal special retail edition includes all three episodes and a bundle of exclusive extras.
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 20th Anniversary Edition detailed
Sega has confirmed details of the Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 20th Anniversary Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition.
New Nintendo Switch releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Mario Golf: Super Rush and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 top this week’s lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox Series X|S releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Bandai Namco’s Scarlet Nexus headlines next week's lineup of new Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S releases.
New PlayStation Store releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Next week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases sees some old favourites get a new lease of life.
You can now design custom Xbox Series X|S controllers
Let your imagination run wild – the Xbox Design Lab has re-opened, and you can now design custom Xbox Series...
Nintendo’s Doug Bowser clarifies the future of Animal Crossing after E3 absence
Fans hoping for an update on Animal Crossing: New Horizons at E3 came away disappointed. Worry not, says Doug Bowser.
Bethesda’s Pete Hines ‘sorry’ for frustration that Starfield won’t come to PlayStation 5
In an interview, Bethesda's senior vice president of marketing, Pete Hines, spoke to PlayStation fans, apologising for the frustration that...