Ice Code Games have unveiled Hard West 2, the long-awaited follow-up to the acclaimed 2015 strategy game.
Once again, it’s a Wild West adventure with a supernatural spin, this time telling the tale of a ghost train with a bounty of gold.
A more aggressive approach to tactical turn-based combat is promised, along with dynamically changing environments, horseback chases, and train heists.
Hard West 2 also features a stellar cast, with Kevin Conroy, Darien Sills-Evans, and Adam Gifford all on board for the ride.
Here’s an overview of the game from publisher Good Shepherd Entertainment:
- SHOW YOUR BRAVADO: Ruthlessly rack up kills to activate the new Bravado State and replenish your Action Points. Rush out of cover, go on the offensive, and chain together stylish kills to extend your streak as you brazenly take down anyone or anything that stands in your way.
- SUPERCHARGED POSSE: Unearth mysterious playing cards to build your crew’s poker hands, and kit them out with punchier guns, explosives, trinkets, or just a square meal of beans and whiskey to keep them in top six-shooter shape.
- UNNATURAL LEADER: Like it or not, responsibility for your growing posse of gunslinging outlaws, teleporting witches, and other mysterious beings lands at your boot-clad feet. But be careful who you listen to and what you ask of them. The right choices lead to more Loyalty Points and new skills for those closest to you, but choosing poorly will test their commitment to your cause.
- SHOOTOUTS ON THE MOVE: With projectiles of lead and witchcraft, Hard West 2’s turn-based combat happens in dynamically shifting environments, keeping your brain as busy as your trigger finger. Let your Western imagination run wild, from horseback chases to tense train holdups, as you hone your strategic skills to a fine edge.
- THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UNDEAD: Folk tales of the far West collide with the darkness of the occult in an unforgiving land riddled with as many demons as bullets.
- CONQUER THE DARK FRONTIER: Explore the far reaches of the Wild West in a desperate fight to save your soul. Discover more about your posse as you wander the lands, from snow-covered vistas to frontier towns struggling to survive in a merciless world. Make brutal choices and learn to live with the gruesome consequences.
Hard West 2 is due to launch this year on PC via Steam. Registration for the closed beta – which runs through to April 7 – is open now.