Madden NFL 17, the premier grid-iron franchise – I’m assured that’s accurate terminology; for UK folks who aren’t too sure, it’s a bit like rugby but with body armour and you can chuck the ball forwards – is out now in its homeland, the good old US of A. While the United States will of course be the largest market for Madden NFL 17, it will also be releasing to global markets, including the UK two days later on August 25, 2016.
As with all EA Sports titles, Madden NFL 17 is mostly an excuse for carefully tarted up visuals, better motion capture and animation, improved cinematic presentation and of course, those all-important updated player rosters, but we’re assured there’s some great new features in Madden NFL 17 for both the seasoned players and novices alike (that’s the UK/rest of the world sorted, then).
“Every year our challenge is taking a franchise the fans know and love, and finding ways to make it even better,” said Madden NFL 17 Executive Producer Seann Graddy. “I’m consistently impressed by the passion and creativity of this team, and when I look at this game I see their love of the sport and of this franchise shine through. We are so glad the fans are finally getting their chance to see the game for themselves, and look forward to hearing their feedback.”
What do these new changes in Madden NFL 17 amount to, then? Here’s the highlight reel:
- Automatic skill moves for runners on lower difficulty levels open up the opportunity for amazing plays in every game, while new skill moves and animations will give veteran players a way to set themselves apart from the competition.
- Franchise players looking to quickly advance through a season can take advantage of Play the Moments – the fastest way to play Madden NFL 17 – to jump into the game at key third downs, game-winning drives and more.
- Would-be GMs can utilize new Big Decisions to manage every facet of their team in the quickest and most convenient way ever. No matter your play style or favored game mode, this year you have the tools to take your team all the way.
- Madden NFL 17 introduces the new commentary duo of Brandon Gaudin and Charles Davis, who not only bring new voices to the game, but also will be recording additional commentary throughout the year which can be added toMadden NFL 17 as it becomes available.
- Mobile players can get their football fix as well, as EA SPORTS Madden NFL Mobile recently launched Season 3. The game showcases new features, new challenges and a whole new roster so players can build a dominant team, take on fresh challenges every day and compete with their friends to determine who has the ultimate team. Madden NFL Mobile is free-to-download* and is available on the App Store and Google Play.