Nintendo has released the Version 1.1. update for popular Switch racer, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
The new patch adds a bunch of tweaks and changes to improve the game. The most notable being a fix for one of Inking Girl’s animations that could be deemed a little inappropriate in some countries. We’ll leave it up to you to hunt around for more details on that. The most useful updates are a fix to the friend lobby, and online race starting positions.
If your Nintendo Switch is connected the internet the game will automatically update when you next load it. Here’s the full list of changes as listed on the Nintendo support website.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Version 1.1 update
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.