Paradox Interactive have released a major free update for town plan ‘em up, Cities: Skylines.
Cities: Skylines was well received on release, pulling in plaudits in the same way that Sim City didn’t, and has since gone on to sell over a million copies.
The new update, glamorously titled Version 1.1 – European Theme, adds a raft of new features and fixes, including:
– Three new European Themed Maps
– Over 50 European style buildings for the new European map themes
– Wall-to-wall buildings enabled for the European Style buildings
– A number of Asset Editor additions including the ability to import custom vehicles
– A multitude of smaller cosmetic additions and obligatory bug fixes.
It looks like fewer but more significant updates will be order of the day for Cities: Skylines with brand manager Jakob Munthe saying,
“Minor DLC updates will be uncommon. The majority of content updates will be significant upgrades and additions. Going forward, we will focus on giving away the main features for free and improving the modding tools, while also selling major expansions around new mechanics. But we will also continue to offer free content such as new buildings and road types.”
So there you have it, go dig a tunnel.