New video game releases for PS4, Switch, and Xbox One
We publish weekly updates on the latest Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One video game releases, so no matter which console you own, you can keep up to date with the newest games.
(We don’t do PC game releases because there were tens of thousands of releases across Steam, Itch.io, Humble, Epic, and all the other stores in the last year. If we did one of these lists for PC game releases, we’d never do anything else.)
The Thumbsticks team also recommends the best titles from each platform’s release lineup. Sometimes that’s easier said than done – there isn’t always something noteworthy or inherently recommendable – but we do our best, for you, dear readers.
New Nintendo Switch games
New Nintendo Switch games are released each week via the Nintendo eShop. We post every Sunday with the latest release lineup for the week ahead. Every now and then, there’s a Nintendo DS game! That’s a nice surprise. We have a cake in the office when that happens.
- Nintendo Switch releases: February 10-14, 2020
- Nintendo Switch releases: February 3-7, 2020
- Nintendo Switch releases: January 27-31, 2020
- Nintendo Switch games: January 20-24, 2020
New PlayStation 4 games
New PlayStation 4 – and occasionally PS Vita games, though they’re becoming less and less frequent – are generally released each Tuesday via the PlayStation Store. We’ll typically post our new release update on the preceding Saturday.
- PlayStation 4 releases: February 10-14, 2020
- PlayStation 4 releases: February 3-7, 2020
- PlayStation 4 releases: January 27-31, 2020
- PlayStation 4 games: January 20-24, 2020
New Xbox One games
New Xbox One games arrive throughout the week via the Xbox One digital games store and the Microsoft online store. We’ll usually update Thumbsticks every Friday with the latest release lineup.
- Xbox One releases: February 10-14, 2020
- Xbox One releases: February 3-7, 2020
- Xbox One releases: January 27-31, 2020
- Xbox One games: January 20-24, 2020
It’s also worth noting that video game release dates are often subject to last minute changes. Check back regularly to make sure you have access to the most up to date new release information