Bethesda invited us to take a trip to Bethesdaland this E3. Here’s what we discovered.
After today’s two hour Xbox briefing, the 30 minute trip to Bethesdaland was an absolute pleasure. It was short, to the point, and impressive. The lineup was a delight from start to finish, beginning with the casual confirmation that the full Fallout 4 experience is coming to VR, and ending with the rollicking reveal of Wolfenstein II.
There were also previews of Skyrim on Nintendo Switch, The Evil Within 2, and Quake Champions. Here’s the full list of announcements.
Bethesda E3 2017 conference announcements
- The full Fallout 4 and Doom experiences are coming to Virtual Reality later this year.
The Elder Scrolls Online
- A nostalgia-fuelled preview of the recent Morrowind expansion.
- New mod content marketplace for Skyrim and Fallout 4, with creations made by Bethesda, and approved community creators.
- Coming this summer to Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
The Elder Scrolls Legends
- Chaos Arena and Dark Brotherhood content previewed.
- Heroes of Skyrim coming to the game on June 29th, 2017.
- Full game coming to Android and iPhone in July.
Skyrim for Nintendo Switch
- Compatible with Legend of Zelda amiibo, which adds Link’s Breath of the Wild threads.
- New JoyCon motion controls.
- Visuals appear to confirm this is not the Special Edition.
- Released later this year.
Dishonored: Death Of The Outsider
- A new standalone adventure featuring Daud, the Outsider
- Released on September 15, 2017.
- Preview of the online multiplayer FPS with an emphasis on its esports credentials.
- The Quake World Championships to be held this August at Quakecon.
The Evil Within 2
- An impressive cinematic preview, set to a dreadful cover of Duran Duran’s Ordinary World.
- Released on Friday 13th October, 2017.
Wolfenstein II The New Colossus
- A frankly wonderful trailer for Machine Games’ next Wolfenstein title.
- To be released in 2017.
Are motion controls enough to make you want to play Skyrim all over again? And what did you make of that Wolfenstein reveal? Let us know in the comments below.
How did we do?
We hope you found this article useful, or informative, or thought provoking, or maybe even a little entertaining. Perhaps it was a guide that helped you through a tricky bit, or we even saved you some money? Lovely stuff! If you'd like to say "thanks" you could always buy the team a cup of coffee.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 20th Anniversary Edition detailed
Sega has confirmed details of the Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 20th Anniversary Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition.
New Nintendo Switch releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Mario Golf: Super Rush and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 top this week’s lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox Series X|S releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Bandai Namco’s Scarlet Nexus headlines next week's lineup of new Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S releases.
New PlayStation Store releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Next week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases sees some old favourites get a new lease of life.
You can now design custom Xbox Series X|S controllers
Let your imagination run wild – the Xbox Design Lab has re-opened, and you can now design custom Xbox Series...
Nintendo’s Doug Bowser clarifies the future of Animal Crossing after E3 absence
Fans hoping for an update on Animal Crossing: New Horizons at E3 came away disappointed. Worry not, says Doug Bowser.
Bethesda’s Pete Hines ‘sorry’ for frustration that Starfield won’t come to PlayStation 5
In an interview, Bethesda's senior vice president of marketing, Pete Hines, spoke to PlayStation fans, apologising for the frustration that...
Metro Exodus Xbox Series X|S and PS5 upgrade detailed
With Metro Exodus about to launch on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, developer 4A Games has outlined some of...