Bethesda invited us to take a trip to Bethesdaland this E3. Here’s what we discovered.
After today’s two hour Xbox briefing, the 30 minute trip to Bethesdaland was an absolute pleasure. It was short, to the point, and impressive. The lineup was a delight from start to finish, beginning with the casual confirmation that the full Fallout 4 experience is coming to VR, and ending with the rollicking reveal of Wolfenstein II.
There were also previews of Skyrim on Nintendo Switch, The Evil Within 2, and Quake Champions. Here’s the full list of announcements.
Bethesda E3 2017 conference announcements
- The full Fallout 4 and Doom experiences are coming to Virtual Reality later this year.
The Elder Scrolls Online
- A nostalgia-fuelled preview of the recent Morrowind expansion.
- New mod content marketplace for Skyrim and Fallout 4, with creations made by Bethesda, and approved community creators.
- Coming this summer to Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
The Elder Scrolls Legends
- Chaos Arena and Dark Brotherhood content previewed.
- Heroes of Skyrim coming to the game on June 29th, 2017.
- Full game coming to Android and iPhone in July.
Skyrim for Nintendo Switch
- Compatible with Legend of Zelda amiibo, which adds Link’s Breath of the Wild threads.
- New JoyCon motion controls.
- Visuals appear to confirm this is not the Special Edition.
- Released later this year.
Dishonored: Death Of The Outsider
- A new standalone adventure featuring Daud, the Outsider
- Released on September 15, 2017.
- Preview of the online multiplayer FPS with an emphasis on its esports credentials.
- The Quake World Championships to be held this August at Quakecon.
The Evil Within 2
- An impressive cinematic preview, set to a dreadful cover of Duran Duran’s Ordinary World.
- Released on Friday 13th October, 2017.
Wolfenstein II The New Colossus
- A frankly wonderful trailer for Machine Games’ next Wolfenstein title.
- To be released in 2017.
Are motion controls enough to make you want to play Skyrim all over again? And what did you make of that Wolfenstein reveal? Let us know in the comments below.