The Last of Us Part II, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, and Fallout 76 are among the games to join PlayStation Now in October 2021.
The Last of Us Part II is coming to PlayStation Now in October 2021, along with a bunch of other impressive games.
The inclusion of Naughty Dog’s massive sequel is notable in its inclusion in PlayStation’s streaming service for three reasons:
- It’s an unusually recent, very big game. (PlayStation Now tends to be more of a dumping ground for older games than Xbox Game Pass, which features major Xbox releases on launch.)
- It will make The Last of Us Part II playable on PC for the first time. (Which is interesting given that other Naughty Dog games, like Uncharted, are getting “proper” PC releases.)
- It’s got a very short end date on it. (January 3, 2021, to be precise, where all the other games joining PlayStation Now this month have an open-ended expiry.)
But The Last of Us Part II isn’t the only game joining PlayStation Now in October 2021. There are seven other games and, while they’re not as big as Naughty Dog’s epic dirge, there are some absolute bangers in there.
And Fallout 76.
Here’s the full list of games joining the service from today, October 5, 2021.
New PlayStation Now games, October 5, 2021
- Amnesia: Collection
- Desperados III
- Fallout 76
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
- The Last of Us Part II (until January 3, 2021)
- Victor Vran: Overkill Edition (already available to subscribers in Europe)
- Yet Another Zombie Defense HD
See? It’s a bit of a mixed bag, but Desperados III and Amnesia: Collection are well worth your time. And (a couple of years after a disastrous launch) Fallout 76 can be fun if you’re in the right mindset and group of friends, and are accepting of all its many flaws. (Wow, that’s a lot of caveats.)
The 1998 classic J-RPG Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is the real highlight on the list, though. Sorry, Naughty Dog, but it is.
Even better, the original Final Fantasy VII (not the Remake) joined the service last month, and Final Fantasy IX, X/X-2 HD Remaster, and XII: The Zodiac Age will be joining the seventh and eighth instalments in the coming months, on November 2, December 7, and January 4, 2022, respectively.