Bungie pulls servers for Destiny and Destiny 2 offline to roll out important updates.
Destiny and Destiny 2 are currently down for maintenance. They actually went down at 7 am PDT /5 pm BST – around two hours ago, at the time of writing – and are expected to be unavailable for up to 24 hours.
Here are the full details of the Destiny/Destiny 2 maintenance window, from the Bungie website:
Destiny/Destiny 2 maintenance begins – 7 am PDT, 27 June 2019 (5 pm BST, 27 June 2019)
- Destiny and Destiny 2 will be brought offline for maintenance.
- This is to prepare for Cross Save in Destiny 2 later this fall.
- Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features will be unavailable on Web, Mobile and Third-Party apps.
Destiny/Destiny 2 maintenance ends – 7 pm PDT, 27 June 2019 (3 am BST, 28 June 2019)
- Destiny and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
- Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features will be re-enabled on Web, Mobile and Third-Party apps.
- Players who encounter issues should report them to the #Help forum.
Ostensibly, this maintenance window is to support the changes to cross save coming to Destiny 2 thus autumn. But also, given how difficult it is to get servers offline for maintenance – particularly for big service games like Destiny and Destiny 2 – we wouldn’t be surprised if Bungie had a stack of other updates and bits of housekeeping they want to complete, too.