Is it just us, or does the Euro Truck Simulator Special Transport DLC sound a little… suspicious?
People love games like American Truck Simulator, Farming Simulator, and yes, Euro Truck Simulator 2. There’s something remarkably chill about driving big industrial equipment around in your spare time, even though it is a tiring and stressful life for those who do it for real.
As well as a large map and plenty to do (if you like doing the same thing over and over) there’s also plenty of extra content to go with these serious and oddly specific simulators. Today SCS – the software house, not the sofa company – releases the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Special Transport DLC.
Here’s what’s in it:
- 11 huge cargoes (up to 70 tons, 6 m width, 5+ m height and 20+ m length)
- 4 new special trailers
- Unique job routes for the Special Transport (most in the base map, some through DLC expansions, more to come)
- A combination of over 80 special transport jobs
- Custom AI escort vehicles
- Original intros and cutscenes related to the cargoes, jobs, and places along the routes
- New models, characters, and animations of people assisting or spectating the transport
- Curious pedestrians, journalists or transport co-workers along the routes
- New set of warning beacons for the trucks
- Special Transport achievements
New gameplay features
- Close collaboration with AI escort vehicles
- Enhanced AI behavior: clearing the path, stopping traffic, giving advice, pushing opposing vehicles to the side etc.
- Possibility to Fail the given Job on the spot if you do not adhere to strict instructions or regulations
- New checkpoints system to keep the player’s progress in a special transport job safe
And here’s a trucktastic trailer, for your viewing pleasure:
The Euro Truck Simulator 2 Special Transport is available now from Steam, priced at £3.99 (US $4.99 / €4.99).