Beyond Good and Evil 2, The Division 2, and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey headline the Ubisoft E3 2018 media showcase.
A typically packed E3 showing from Ubisoft saw the first gameplay footage of Beyond Good and Evil 2, a full unveiling for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and a dancing panda to promote Just Dance 2019.
Overall, the lineup was impressively diverse, and although there weren’t any unexpected surprises, it reaffirmed Ubisoft’s position as one of the industry’s leading publishers. The event’s occasional attempts at humour didn’t alway land, however. We don’t think Ubisoft will ever learn the lesson on that front.
Here’s the full rundown on the games revealed at the Ubisoft E3 2018 media showcase.
List of Ubisoft E3 2018 announcements
Just Dance 2019
- Dancing pandas.
- An instrumental rendition of “I’m still standing.”
- Ladies and gentlemen, it’s Just Dance 2019.
Beyond Good and Evil 2
- Jade returns in an impressive cinematic trailer for the much-anticipated sequel to Beyond Good and Evil.
- We get our first glimpse of gameplay with footage taken from the behind closed doors E3 demo.
- The game’s Space Monkey community collaboration programme is opening up to accept user-generated content. It will by managed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s HitRecord organisation.
Rainbow Six Siege
- Justin Krugar of Ubisoft Montreal reveals that Rainbow Six Siege now has 35 million players worldwide.
- Rainbow SIx Siege esports tournaments will be taking place in August and November this year, and January 2019.
- And finally, there was a sneak peek of the upcoming Rainbow Six Siege documentary, Another Mindset.
- RedLynx’s stunt motorcycle series returns in Trials Rising.
- Registrations for a closed beta will open later this year.
- The game will be released in February 2019 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch,
The Division 2
- Two cinematic trailers show new footage from Massive Entertainment’s cheery online action game, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2.
- “You are the last line of defence,” says a developer in a cap whose name we missed. Who are we to argue?
- The Division 2 will be getting Raids that support up to eight players.
- Year one plans include three free DLC episodes which will feature new areas and activities.
- Release date is March 15, 2019, with beta registrations open now.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle’s Donkey Kong Adventure DLC is promoted by a live performance from legendary composer Grant Kirkhope, and music ensemble, Critical Hit.
- The add-on will be released for the Nintendo Switch on June 26, 2018, and is also available as part of the game’s season pass.
Skull & Bones
- A new trailer for Ubisoft Singapore’s sea-faring online combat game, Skull & Bones.
- New footage shows the ship customisation features, ship stealth, and naval combat. It’s very much an evolution of the naval gameplay from the Assassin’s Creed series. It looks solid, but oddly soulless.
- Elijah Wood, Hobbit and co-founder of Spectrevision, makes an appearance to talk about Transference.
- “Have you ever dreamed of entering someone else’s conscience, and exploring their innermost thoughts and desires?” he asks. Erm, not really, Elijah, but thanks for enquiring.
- Available in late 2018, if you’re at a loose end.
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
- Toys-to-life space adventure, Starlink: Battle fo Atlas, gets a new trailer, and looks every bit the secret step-cousin to No Man’s Sky.
- StarFox will also making a guest appearance in the Nintendo Switch version.
- Released on October 16 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
- For Honor is free on PC for the next week, no catch. Well, there is a catch, it’s called Uplay
- More For Honor content is also on its way in the shape of the Marching Fire update. It adds a new 4v4 multiplayer mode called Bridge.
The Crew 2
- The Crew 2 open beta starts on June 21, 2018, with pre-load available in advance.
- Released on June 29, 2018.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- The next game in the Assassin’s Creed series is set in ancient Greece, and builds on the template set by last year’s soft reboot, Assassin’s Creed Origins.
- There are two lead characters to choose from, Alexios or Kassandra.
- The series is evidently gaining more RPG-like features such and story affecting dialogue choices.
- Released on October 5, 2018 for Xbox One , PC, and PlayStation 4.
- We understand that promotional key chains are also available.
Check back throughout the week for more E3 2018 coverage from Thumbsticks.
More E3 2018 from Thumbsticks
- Everything announced at the EA Play 2018 press conference
- Everything announced at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing
- Everything announced at the Bethesda E3 2018 showcase
Special delivery for you
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Smashpunks is basically Robot Wars meets Rocket League
Lamenting the loss of Robot Wars, again? Smashpunks might help you scratch that robotic mayhem itch.
New PlayStation Store releases: September 20-24, 2021
Lost Judgment and Death Stranding Director's Cut headline this week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases for the PS4 and PS5.
A Profound Waste of Time: The Reprint smashes its Kickstarter target
Sumptuous video game magazine A Profound Waste of Time is back on sale for a limited time, with a Kickstarter...
New Nintendo Switch releases: September 20-24, 2021
Skatebird, Toem, and Cruis’n Blast headline this week's list of Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox releases: September 20-24, 2021
The much-anticipated Sable and Yakuza spin-off sequel Lost Judgement are among the week's new Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One...
WarioWare: Get It Together! review
WarioWario: Let’s Get It Together! adds multiplayer and multiple characters to a fan favourite Nintendo franchise, but at what cost?
This Doom adventure lets you blast a reanimated Maggie Thatcher back to hell
In Doom-based adventure, Thatcher's Techbase, "Margaret Thatcher is back from Hell... and the lady's not for returning!"
Deltarune Chapter 2 release date revealed by Toby Fox
Deltarune Chapter 2 is almost upon us. We don't need to tell you to "please be excited" for this one.