Thanks for listening, children!
As we already know, there’s no Three Dog in Fallout 4. Bethesda obviously decided that even the work Vault 101’s Lone Wanderer did to improve the transmission power of Galaxy News Radio – by replacing the Super Mutant-damaged transmitter array atop the Washington Monument – wasn’t enough to extend GNR’s range past The Pitt and the ruins of New York, all the way up to The Commonwealth.
It’s a shame, because the DJ on Diamond City Radio – Boston’s equivalent of GNR – is absolutely terrible. No charm, no style, no panache; sometimes barely able to string sentences together from some combination of nerves or ambivalence. If you ever killed Three Dog in Fallout 3 (shame on you) and found him replaced by station technician Margaret… it’s like that, only much worse.
Thankfully, the Fallout 4 track list is still pretty damn great.
Fallout 4 track list – new songs:
- Accentuate The Positive – Bing Crosby
- Anything Goes – Cole Porter
- Atom Bomb baby – The Five Stars
- Crawl Out Through The Fallout – Sheldon Allman
- Dear Hearts and Gentle People – Bob Crosby and the Bobcats
- Good Rockin Tonight – Roy Brown and His Mighty Men
- Grandma Plays the Numbers – Wynonie Harris
- He’s A Demon – He’s A Devil – He’s a Doll – Betty Hutton
- (I’m In Love With) A Wonderful Guy – Tex Beneke and Margaret Whiting
- It’s a Man – Betty Hutton
- It’s All Over (But the Crying) – The Ink Spots
- Keep a Knockin’ – Louis Jordan
- One More Tomorrow – Frankie Carle
- Personality – Johnny Mercer
- Pistol Packin’ Mama – Bing Crosby
- Right Behind You Baby – Ray Smith
- Rocket 69 – Connie Allen
- Sixty Minute Man – Billy Ward and his Dominoes
- The End Of The World – Skeeter Davis
- The Wanderer – Dion DiMucci
- Undecided – Ella Fitzgerald
- Uranium Fever – Elton Britt
- Uranium Rock – Warren Smith
- Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On – Big Maybelle
- Worry Worry Worry – The Three Suns
Fallout 4 track list – original songs:
- Baby It’s Just You – Lynda Carter (as Magnolia)
- Good Neighbor – Lynda Carter (as Magnolia)
- I’m the One You’re Looking For – Lynda Carter (as Magnolia)
- Man Enough – Lynda Carter (as Magnolia)
- Train Train – Lynda Carter (as Magnolia)
Fallout 4 track list – also in Fallout 3:
- I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire – by The Ink Spots
- Anything Goes – Cole Porter with Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
- A Wonderful Guy – Tex Beneke
- Butcher Pete – Roy Brown
- Crazy He Calls Me – Billie Holiday
- Civilization – Danny Kaye with The Andrews Sisters
- Easy Living – Billie Holiday
- Happy Times – Bob Crosby
- Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall – Ella Fitzgerald with The Ink Spots
- Maybe – The Ink Spots
- Mighty, Mighty Man – Roy Brown
- Way Back Home – Bob Crosby & The Bob Cats
Fallout 4 track list – also in Fallout: New Vegas:
- Orange Colored Sky – Nat “King” Cole and Stan Kenton
And that’s not even taking into consideration the fantastic original music recorded for the game by Inon Zur.
Rounding out the original compositions on the Fallout 4 track list are a selection of songs performed by in-game character Magnolia, the nightclub singer from Magnolia whom the player meets and interacts with in the quest Emogene Takes a Lover. Once the player has met Magnolia – with both her dialogue and singing delivered by none other than Lynda Carter, the original Wonder Woman from 1975 – her songs will start to appear in the Diamond City Radio track rotation from time to time.
Picking the Fallout 4 track list has to be one of the best jobs in gaming, and both Atom Bomb Baby and Uranium Fever are battling for ear-worm supremacy around Thumbsticks at the moment. What are your favourites?
A note from the Thumbsticks editorial team
If you like what we do, then please consider supporting us via Patreon or buying us a coffee. Every penny we earn is poured back into the site, into giving new and aspiring writers an opportunity, and into bringing you more quality content to enjoy. And if you are an aspiring new writer, read this.