There’s something soothing about seemingly mundane video games.
Remember when Densha de Go! on the PlayStation was the butt of everyone’s jokes? Why would you want to drive a train, on rails, when you could play the likes of Gran Turismo or Need for Speed? In a world of adventure and exploration, it seemed a bit like, well, having a job.
Fast forward 20-something years and games like Densha de Go! are all the rage. Train driving. Farming. Bus driving. Truck driving. People wind down by playing games that feel like work, and that’s just fine.
The next big release in the oeuvre is Truck Driver from Soedesco. It follows the familiar formula – take jobs, hit the road, build a career – but takes place in a fictional open-world, where other trucking simulators approximate real-world regions like Europe or North America.
But one thing that people were unsure about, with the impending release of Truck Driver, was the lack of steering wheel support.
“Initially intended for controllers only,” begins the press release, “Soedesco decided to enable Truck Driver with steering wheel support after a lot of enthusiastic feedback from the community. Thanks in part to their input, players can now get a better real-life and immersive trucking experience with steering wheel support.”
Here’s the full list of supported steering wheels for Truck Driver.
Truck Driver – supported steering wheels, PS4
- Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster T150 Pro Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster T300 Servo base
- Thrustmaster T300 RS
- Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
- Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara ForceFeedback
- Thrustmaster T-GT
- Logitech G29 (driving force)
Truck Driver – supported steering wheels, Xbox One
- Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel
- TX Servo Base Force Feedback
- TX Ferrari 458 Italia Force Feedback
- TX Leather Edition Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster TMX Pro Force Feedback
- Thrustmaster TS-XW racer SPARCO P310 (competition mod)
- Logitech G920 (driving force
Soedesco has also announced that PS4 Pro and Xbox One X enhancements will be available for Truck Driver. Players will be given the option to favour quality, resolution, or performance.
Truck Driver releases for PS4 and Xbox One on September 19, 2019, with a PC release to follow in November.