Paradox’s expansive universe is about to get a little bit bigger, with the imminent launch of the Stellaris Leviathans story pack update.
Paradox Interactive, the Swedish developer of PC strategy games, is rather good to you lot. Not only do they tend towards massive games that already represent great value, they also update them. A lot. Some of those updates are even free.
Their latest update, the Stellaris Leviathans story pack, is the first major story add-on for their intergalactic grand strategy. Here’s what’s in it:
- Guardians: Stationary societies that have built defenses throughout a system to protect something of great value. Do you dare seize their treasure?
- Enclaves: Independent outposts of traders or mercenaries who are willing to make a deal. Exchange resources or hire a small fleet to supplement your own.
- War In Heaven: Where will your fledgling empire lie if two ancient Fallen Empires decide to renew old grievances in a War in Heaven? Will you err on the side of caution and take a side with the stronger power, or will you strike at both whilst they are occupied with their own titanic struggle?
The Stellaris Leviathans update will be released on October 20, 2016, and will cost £7.95 / $9.99 US.
The Heinlein patch, a free update for all players that will accompany the Stellaris Leviathans story pack, also brings the following upgrades and features to the core game:
- A convenient auto-explore feature.
- Rally points for your freshly-assembled Navy.
- TheeExpansion planner interface.
- An overhaul of strategic resources.
- Clearer specialisation/role for ship types.
- More options for customising new galaxies.
- New smarter sector governors.
Heinlein, in case you were wondering, is likely named after Robert Anson Heinlein, an American science-fiction writer whose most famous work is probably – sadly – Starship Troopers. It makes sense, following the release of the Asimov update back in June, which was also named after a famed science-fiction writer.
Which famous science-fiction author is next for Stellaris, Paradox? Iain M. Banks?
The Stellaris Leviathans update launches on October 20, 2016. Buy the core game now from Amazon.
Latest from Thumbsticks
New PlayStation Store releases: January 24-28, 2022
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection headlines this week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases.
New Nintendo Switch releases: January 24-29, 2022
Pokémon Legends Arceus and The Artful Escape are among this week’s new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox releases: January 24-29, 2022
Here are the new Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One releases you can look forward to in the coming week.
My Friend Peppa Pig is out now on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
My Friend Peppa Pig is released today for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Guide: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mystery Gifts and distribution events
Here's the complete guide to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mystery Gifts and distribution events.
Play three epic crime games for free on Xbox this weekend
Yakuza 3 Remastered, Yakuza 4 Remastered, and Yakuza 5 Remastered are currently free to play for Xbox Live Gold and...
Following years of crunch, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga gets a release date
Warner Bros. Games confirms the release date for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga amid reports of crunch at developer TT...
Nintendo Switch Online: The big list of NES, SNES, N64 and Genesis games
Nintendo Switch Online includes access to a growing library of classic NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis games. Here’s the...