The adorable prison escape ’em up breaks onto iOS and Android this week – it’s The Escapists mobile versions.
In the great tradition of simulation games about serious subjects that are actually quite fun – a lot of people died in Theme Hospital, when you really think about it – The Escapists takes a rotten situation and makes it quite fun. Yes, you’ll probably end up shiving some dude in the shower, cracking several guards’ heads in and burning down the whole wing, but that’s all part of the fun, right?
And now you’ll be able to do all those things and more on mobile, with The Escapists mobile versions on the way very soon.
Here’s the full list of features, straight from the Team17 press release:
- 6 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp.
- 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds. Choose from Laundry, Janitor, Mail Man, Metal Shop, Kitchen, Wood Work, Tailor, Deliveries, Gardener and Library work.
- Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
- Choose from touch screen or virtual d-pad controls!
- Leaderboards and Achievements.
The Escapists mobile version will be coming to both iOS and Android on March 2, 2017. You can download it from the iTunes store/Google Play store, and it’ll set you back
a packet of smokes £3.99 / $4.99 / 4,99 €.