The adorable prison escape ’em up breaks onto iOS and Android this week – it’s The Escapists mobile versions.
In the great tradition of simulation games about serious subjects that are actually quite fun – a lot of people died in Theme Hospital, when you really think about it – The Escapists takes a rotten situation and makes it quite fun. Yes, you’ll probably end up shiving some dude in the shower, cracking several guards’ heads in and burning down the whole wing, but that’s all part of the fun, right?
And now you’ll be able to do all those things and more on mobile, with The Escapists mobile versions on the way very soon.
Here’s the full list of features, straight from the Team17 press release:
- 6 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp.
- 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds. Choose from Laundry, Janitor, Mail Man, Metal Shop, Kitchen, Wood Work, Tailor, Deliveries, Gardener and Library work.
- Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
- Choose from touch screen or virtual d-pad controls!
- Leaderboards and Achievements.
The Escapists mobile version will be coming to both iOS and Android on March 2, 2017. You can download it from the iTunes store/Google Play store, and it’ll set you back
a packet of smokes £3.99 / $4.99 / 4,99 €.
How did we do?
We hope you found this article useful, or informative, or thought provoking, or maybe even a little entertaining. Perhaps it was a guide that helped you through a tricky bit, or we even saved you some money? Lovely stuff! If you'd like to say "thanks" you could always buy the team a cup of coffee.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
A Profound Waste of Time: The Reprint smashes its Kickstarter target
Sumptuous video game magazine A Profound Waste of Time is back on sale for a limited time, with a Kickstarter...
New Nintendo Switch releases: September 20-24, 2021
Skatebird, Toem, and Cruis’n Blast headline this week's list of Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox releases: September 20-24, 2021
The much-anticipated Sable and Yakuza spin-off sequel Lost Judgement are among the week's new Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One...
WarioWare: Get It Together! review
WarioWario: Let’s Get It Together! adds multiplayer and multiple characters to a fan favourite Nintendo franchise, but at what cost?
This Doom adventure lets you blast a reanimated Maggie Thatcher back to hell
In Doom-based adventure, Thatcher's Techbase, "Margaret Thatcher is back from Hell... and the lady's not for returning!"
Deltarune Chapter 2 release date revealed by Toby Fox
Deltarune Chapter 2 is almost upon us. We don't need to tell you to "please be excited" for this one.
Surreal web cartoon Tux and Fanny makes for a sublime video game
In one day I went from not knowing a thing about Tux and Fanny to proclaiming it the best video...
Battlefield 2042 release date bumped to November
Electronic Arts has confirmed that the upcoming military shooter Battlefield 2042 will be released one month later than planned. EA says...