PS4 players will get a 30-day exclusivity ‘head start’ on the Watch_Dogs 2 Season Pass content, for some reason.
The launch of the deliciously stupid Watch_Dogs 2 is nearly upon us. The console version is set to drop on November 15, with the PC version to be available soon after, on November 29, 2016.
While the main game isn’t even out yet, thoughts are already turning to that inevitable bundle of DLC, the Watch_Dogs 2 Season Pass. What’s in it? When will it launch? How much will it cost? Is it worth the money?
Here are the details we have on the Watch_Dogs 2 Season Pass thus far:
- DLC 1 – T-Bone Content Bundle: Players will get the style and the swagger of legendary hacker Raymond “T-Bone” Kenney with his truck and outfit, and discover Mayhem, a new co-op difficulty level that will pit players against a new enemy archetype armed with advanced weaponry. (Available on December 13th on PlayStation 4)
- DLC 2 – Human Conditions: Through several hours of additional mission content in three new world stories, players will uncover San Francisco’s biggest scandals on the cutting edge of science, medicine and misuse. In Human Conditions, players will also experience new elite co-op missions and face a new enemy type: Jammer, with the technology to hunt players down. (Available Spring 2017)
- DLC 3 – No Compromise: Players will experience an all-new world story which mixes Marcus up in the seedy underbelly of San Francisco and puts him in the crosshairs of the Russian mafia. Also includes a new co-op mode: Showd0wn, where only the best players will survive. (Available Spring 2017)
You may have noticed that the first piece of DLC in the Watch_Dogs 2 Season Pass only has a PS4 release date listed thus far. That’s because there is 30-day exclusivity being offered to PlayStation owners on all DLC, for some reason. As a result, we can expect to see the T-Bone content bundle available on Xbox One and PC by mid-January.
While no specific dates are listed for the second and third DLC drops yet, the 30-day exclusivity arrangement between Ubisoft and Sony is expected to be the same.
In addition to the main Watch_Dogs 2 Season Pass DLC packs, there are also a couple of extra visual trinkets included:
- Psychedelic Pack: Customise Marcus’ outfit, weapon, drone and car in the grooviest style. (Available on Day One)
- Root Access Bundle: Includes full sets of outfits, new cars, a drone skin and a new weapon, as well as the Zodiac Killer mission. (Available this Winter)
The Watch_Dogs 2 Season Pass is included in the Gold Edition of the game, and will be available to purchase separately, priced at around £30.
There’s no DLC to make the game any less memetic and pathetically zeitgeisty, unfortunately. Maybe the inevitable day one patch will fix that.