Evolve’s $100,000 ESL tournament begins in April.
Evolve, the online 4v1 shooter from 2K games, is set for a $100,000 ESL tournament.
Online qualifiers for Europe and the US begin on April 26th. The victors will then head to offline tournaments at ESL’s Cologne and Burbank studios, from which the top two players will head to the Grand Finals, held in Los Angeles on June 15th. The tournament winner stands to take home a monstrous $62,500.
“Evolve has commanded the attention of the gaming world since – and before – its release in February of this year. We consistently see demand for the game at our events and are happy to now be doing more with it in terms of esports competition,” said David Hiltscher, Vice President of Gaming Communities at ESL.
Evolve is a 4v1 shooter game in which four players cooperatively fight to take down a single-player controlled monster. It was developed by Turtle Rock Studios, creators of Left 4 Dead, and released in February 2015 . The game received a positive critical reception and despite some early balancing issues has grown and maintained a strong community of players. It’s asymmetric gameplay is always a treat to watch, making the game perfect for tournament play.
The schedule for the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament is:
- 26th April: 14:00 CET – EU qualifiers | 22:00 CET – NA qualifiers
- 3rd May: 14:00 CET – EU qualifiers | 22:00 CET – NA qualifiers
- 6th May: 14:00 CET – EU qualifiers | 22:00 CET – NA qualifiers
- 10th May: 14:00 CET – EU qualifiers | 22:00 CET – NA qualifiers
- 24th May: EU semifinals at the ESL studio in Cologne, Germany
- 31st May: NA semifinals at the ESL studio in Burbank, California
- The week of 15th June: Global Finale in Los Angeles
You can sign up for the tournament on the ESL website.