Finalists revealed for Art Boss, the new game art showcase debuting at this year’s Game Developers Conference (GDC).
Art Boss, the new games arts showcase from GDC and iam8bit, aims to become the annual showpiece for artists working within the games industry. The inaugural exhibit will be held during GDC 17, which runs from February 27 – March 3 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
The 13 finalists include stunning works based on games including Doom, Inside, Dishonored 2, The Witness and Halo 5. We’ve included a few of our favourites below, to view the full collection head over to the Art Boss website.
Art Boss 2017 Finalists
- ABZÛ by Matt Nava / ABZÛ
- Camp by Igor Artyomenko / The Banner Saga 2
- Dwarves and Warborn by Joong Min Park, Suk Hee Jo / ArcheAge: Revelation
- Knee Deep in the Dead by Alex Palma / Doom
- Lake Concept by Dave Guertin / Edge of Nowhere
- One Tamriel by Lucas Slominski / The Elder Scrolls Online
- Orchard by Orsi Spanyol, Eric A. Anderson, Luis Antonio / The Witness
- Screenshot by Playdead Art Team / Inside
- SPIRITUS by Three One Zero Art Team / ADR1FT
- The Arrival by Tien Dung / Toy Odyssey
- The Duke by Sergei Kolesov – Dishonored 2
- The Jungle Dragon by Daniel Dociu / Guild Wars 2 – Heart of Thorns
- Tsunami Station by Gustavo Mendonca / Halo 5
GDC attendees will be able to see all 13 pieces in person at the Art Boss exhibit. Following the conference, they will be stored in a permanent physical and digital archive, allowing for future display.