The Nintendo Switch port of Assassin’s Creed III Remastered gets a much needed patch.
Here’s a story I expect few people will care about. However, as I’ve spent around 40 hours playing Assassin’s Creed III on Switch, it’s news I’m pleased to report.
When Assassin’s Creed III was released for the Switch in May – two months after the PS4, Xbox One, and PC remasters – it was plagued with problems. The most irritating was the dreadful audio compression, and the persistent audio stuttering when loading into the game’s open world. It was a shame, as in many other respects the port is quite handsome.
Well, three months after release, Ubisoft has released a 2.8GB patch that fixes these issues and more. A quick look at the updated game shows a much smoother framer rate, a warmer soundtrack, and, so far, no audio glitches. Here are the full patch notes.
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered – Nintendo Switch 1.0.2 Patch Notes
- Improved the audio quality
- Improved performance of the game application
- Addressed an issue where a picked up sword could be seen when using Eagle Flight
- Addressed an issue where eagle vision could be used during the cinematic in the “Journey to the New World” & “Gangs Of Boston” mission
- Addressed an issue with the percentage of progression of the savegame in the save select menu for DLC.
- Addressed several issues where NPCs didn’t show up on the mini-map
- Addressed inconsistency between specified and actual placement of item categories in Stockpile menu
- Addressed an issue that caused Connor to have doubled fingers in Alexios’ outfit throughout the game
- Addressed an issue that caused some abrupt changes of brightness in Boston
- Addressed several issues where the speaker name was inconsistent between subtitles and actual name or missing all together.
- Addressed some corrupted behaviour of the shadows during the first cinematic in “A Boorish Man” mission
- Addressed an issue where outfits obtained through Ubisoft Club are not equipped in-game
- Addressed an issue where the challenge pop-up is not received for the first sequence
Special delivery for you
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Planet Zoo announces North America Animal Pack DLC
We're trying to avoid making jokes about Planet Zoo's beaver. (You have no idea how hard it is right now.)
Ashley Tisdale discusses The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
In a new interview, actor Ashley Tisdale speaks about the experience of making The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes.
Save on great games in the PlayStation Store Big in Japan sale
The latest PlayStation Store sale discounts some excellent PS4 and PS5 games from Japanese developers and publishers.
Surprise! Nintendo announces September 2021 Nintendo Direct
There's a September 2021 Nintendo Direct presentation happening very soon. Nothing like a bit of notice, eh, Nintendo?
Arkane is back with another high-concept shooter. Is Deathloop the studio's next masterpiece, or are we playing the same game...
Godot Engine adds native Arabic text support
It's 2021. It shouldn't be a massive surprise when a game engine like Godot adds proper, out-of-the-box Arabic text support,...
Save up to 90% with this week’s Xbox deals
Here's a quick review of this week's new Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One digital deals.
The Good Life release date and trailer revealed
Swery's small-town detective thriller The Good Life is coming to PC and console next month.