They Shall Not Pass, the first expansion for EA’s first world war shooter, Battlefield 1, is released today.
Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners can now join the French Army with early access to the game’s first downloadable content pack. They Shall Not Pass includes four new maps, a host of new ranged and melee weapons, plus a new game mode, Frontlines. The expansion will go on sale to the rest of us in two weeks.
Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass – Contents
- Verdun Heights – Set in the opening barrage of the Battle of Verdun
- Fort De Vaux – Fight in the dark corridors of Fort de Vaux.
- Soissons – A fight to capture Soissons using Saint Chamond tanks
- Rupure – A battle set among a maze of tank wreckage
- You can now don the blue uniform of the French Army
New Game Mode
- Frontlines – A mix of Conquest and Rush modes in which players fight for chained control points in a tug-of-war frontline
- Take control of the Char 2C behemoth tank, and the heavily armed St. Chamond tank
- The Siege Howitzer stationary weapon
- Ribeyrolles 1918
- RSC 1917
- Lebel Model 1886
- Sjögren Inertial
- MLE 1903 Extended
- Cogwheel Club
- Nail Knife
- Trench Fleur
- The Devil’s Anvil
- Beyond the Marne
They Shall Not Pass is the first of four new content packs coming to Battlefield 1. It will be followed by In the Name of the Tsar, Turning Tides, and Apocalypse. Each pack will add further maps, weapons and gameplay modes. And if you sign up for the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass you will get two weeks early access.
Special delivery for you
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!