Funcom has revealed that Conan Exiles will get new content before its official release in Q1 2018.
Norwegian developer Funcom has announced that open world survival game, Conan Exiles, sold nearly 500,000 copies in the month following its Early Access release at the end of January.
Another eyebrow raising number is the $1 million the game earned in its first hour of release on Steam. In fact Funcom have confirmed that the game’s entire development budget was recouped in less than one week. Impressive work for what appears to be an impressive game, despite its similarity to another survival game we could mention.
Buoyed by the news, Funcom has confirmed that it will be investing another “5 to 10 million USD” into the game prior to its official launch. This investment will give the game six significant content updates during 2017.
Conan Exiles content updates
- Siege Warfare: Players can attack each other’s settlements with war machines including siege towers and trebuchets
- The Purge: Defend settlements against hordes of NPC warriors
- Mounts: Use horses, camels, rhinos and even elephants as mounts
- Sorcery: Summon demons and raise the undead to create an army of skeletons.
- Settlement System: Create a living city, build roads, and set up daily schedules for your thralls
- Highland Biome: A new area expanding the existing map into the highlands, with new creatures, armors, religions and a temperature system.
Joel Bylos, creative director at Funcom, said:
“We are very excited to share with the community our plans for Conan Exiles going forward. With six major updates and two console releases, players will see Conan Exiles grow and evolve in the months ahead as we head towards full launch. We look forward to working directly with the community every step of the way and we will be putting out continuous patched in between the major updates to constantly better the experience.”
If you are headed to PAX East in Boston this week you can play Conan Exiles at the Funcom booth as well as chat with the developers behind the game.
Conan Exiles will get a full launch on PC PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in Q1 2018, as well an as an Xbox One Game Preview release in Q3 2017.