UK game conference announces the ten shortlisted games for its sixth Indie Showcase.
The Unity sponsored event runs from 13 – 14 July within the Develop:Brighton Expo, which takes place, remarkably enough, in Brighton from the 12 – 14 July, 2016.
The Indie Showcase highlights ten independently developed games selected by a panel of industry experts. The judging process takes into consideration gameplay, originality, and artistic and technological achievement.
Develop:Brighton attendees will get the chance to play all 10 games at the Expo and on 14 July the overall Indie Showcase and the People’s Choice awards will be announced.
Develop’s Indie Showcase has a good track record of identifying original and boundary pushing games. Recently shortlisted titles include the critically acclaimed Gunpoint and That Dragon, Cancer.
Adam Green, chairman of the selection panel, said that VR technology has provided much of the impetus behind this year’s submissions:
“Once again this year, the quality of games submitted took a huge leap forwards. It was fantastic in particular to see so many VR submissions, and the variety of new experiences developers are creating with this new technology.”
Indie Showcase 2016 shortlist
- A Chair in a Room: Greenwater (HTC Vive) – Wolf & Wood Interactive
- Unseen Diplomacy (HTC Vive) – Triangular Pixels
- Jazon and the Dead (Windows 8) – 2nd Studio
- Anarcute (PC) – Anarteam
- Shift Happens (PC) – Klonk UG
- Flat Heroes (PC) – Parallel Cirlces
- BFF or Die (PC) – Honey Tribe Studios.
- Twisted Lines (iPad) – Megagon Industries
- Fragments of Him (PC) –Sassybot
- Winlands (Oculus Rift) – Psytec Games
Visit www.developconference.com to find out about registering and what not.
Photo credit: Develop:Conference