Devolver promised us a dumpster fire with their Big Fancy Press Conference, and they didn’t disappoint.
Violence. Murder. Someone in a chroma green mocap suit dragging dead bodies off the stage, but not actually cut out of the feed using the chroma green suit. The ghost of Dave Lang. Nina Fucking Struthers. Jokes about blockchain and cryptocurrency. A robocop homage.
These are all the sorts of things you might expect from the Devolver Digital Big Fancy Press Conference, but due to complaints from the general public following last year’s show – or “stinking bug fuck shit minions” to use Nina’s words – they have actually included some game reveals.
Here’s the full rundown on the games announced at Devolver Digital’s Big Fancy Press Conference
List of Devolver Digital announcements
- Developed by Gamespires with help from Croteam, the guys behind Serious Sam.
- Has a bit of a Hunger Games crossed with Borderlands vibe.
- It’s an early access game, because what isn’t these days?
My Friend Pedro
- My Friend Pedro is developed by Deadtoast Entertainment.
- It’s an ultra-violent, balletic, slow-motion action platformer, like a cross between a Hotline Miami, Contra, and a John Woo movie.
- You’ve probably seen gifs of the game before on twitter. It’s pretty cool.
Metal Wolf Chaos XD
- Devolver have raided the archives and dredged up a lesser-known From Software classic.
- When they teased this prior to the conference, we thought they were kidding.
- Seriously, we thought they were kidding. It’s Devolver, they don’t take stuff seriously. Who can blame us for thinking that?
- No, really, they are actually doing this one.
And that’s it. Three games. But then, you don’t come to the Devolver Digital conference for the games, do you? You come for the violence, the canned audience reactions, the fruity language, the disdain for gamers in general, and the overall hilarity of the piece. Seriously, it’s hilarious, and it’s 21 minutes long, so you should give it a look over.
Wow. Just, wow.
More from Thumbsticks
Latest from Thumbsticks
This Mondrian-inspired puzzle game wants you to Please, Touch the Artwork
Please, Touch the Artwork, a Mondrian-inspired painting poking puzzle game from Studio Waterzooi, looks like an abstract treat.
EA: Working on 3 new Star Wars games, Respawn is
A strategy game, a first-person shooter, and a sequel to Jedi: Fallen Order are in the works at Respawn Entertainment.
Apex Legends anniversary giveaways announced
To celebrate the third anniversary of Apex Legends, Respawn Entertainment is giving away three characters next month.
Save up to 90% in five new Xbox digital game sales
This week's Xbox digital game discounts include Halo Infinite, Gears 5, and It Takes Two.
Which Switch games can you play online without a Nintendo Switch Online subscription?
Looking for some free fun on your Nintendo Switch, but don't want to subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online? We've got...
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic gets cool cheat modes on Switch
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic on Nintendo Switch has received a much-needed patch and some fun cheat options.
New PlayStation Store releases: January 24-28, 2022
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection headlines this week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases.
New Nintendo Switch releases: January 24-29, 2022
Pokémon Legends Arceus and The Artful Escape are among this week’s new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.