Devolver promised us a dumpster fire with their Big Fancy Press Conference, and they didn’t disappoint.
Violence. Murder. Someone in a chroma green mocap suit dragging dead bodies off the stage, but not actually cut out of the feed using the chroma green suit. The ghost of Dave Lang. Nina Fucking Struthers. Jokes about blockchain and cryptocurrency. A robocop homage.
These are all the sorts of things you might expect from the Devolver Digital Big Fancy Press Conference, but due to complaints from the general public following last year’s show – or “stinking bug fuck shit minions” to use Nina’s words – they have actually included some game reveals.
Here’s the full rundown on the games announced at Devolver Digital’s Big Fancy Press Conference
List of Devolver Digital announcements
- Developed by Gamespires with help from Croteam, the guys behind Serious Sam.
- Has a bit of a Hunger Games crossed with Borderlands vibe.
- It’s an early access game, because what isn’t these days?
My Friend Pedro
- My Friend Pedro is developed by Deadtoast Entertainment.
- It’s an ultra-violent, balletic, slow-motion action platformer, like a cross between a Hotline Miami, Contra, and a John Woo movie.
- You’ve probably seen gifs of the game before on twitter. It’s pretty cool.
Metal Wolf Chaos XD
- Devolver have raided the archives and dredged up a lesser-known From Software classic.
- When they teased this prior to the conference, we thought they were kidding.
- Seriously, we thought they were kidding. It’s Devolver, they don’t take stuff seriously. Who can blame us for thinking that?
- No, really, they are actually doing this one.
And that’s it. Three games. But then, you don’t come to the Devolver Digital conference for the games, do you? You come for the violence, the canned audience reactions, the fruity language, the disdain for gamers in general, and the overall hilarity of the piece. Seriously, it’s hilarious, and it’s 21 minutes long, so you should give it a look over.
Wow. Just, wow.
More from Thumbsticks
- Everything announced at the EA Play 2018 press conference
- Everything announced at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing
- Everything announced at the Bethesda E3 2018 media briefing
We hate to ask, but...
Thumbsticks has a couple of goals. We want to write interesting articles and cover games that most outlets won't, and we want to give opportunities to new writers and new voices. And right now, with the current state of online publishing? It's tough to meet those goals! We hate to ask, but if you want us to continue writing what others won't, or to keep covering weird indie games, or to be able to give opportunities to new writers – and only if you can afford it – then please consider supporting us on Patreon.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
A Profound Waste of Time: The Reprint smashes its Kickstarter target
Sumptuous video game magazine A Profound Waste of Time is back on sale for a limited time, with a Kickstarter...
New Nintendo Switch releases: September 20-24, 2021
Skatebird, Toem, and Cruis’n Blast headline this week's list of Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox releases: September 20-24, 2021
The much-anticipated Sable and Yakuza spin-off sequel Lost Judgement are among the week's new Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One...
WarioWare: Get It Together! review
WarioWario: Let’s Get It Together! adds multiplayer and multiple characters to a fan favourite Nintendo franchise, but at what cost?
This Doom adventure lets you blast a reanimated Maggie Thatcher back to hell
In Doom-based adventure, Thatcher's Techbase, "Margaret Thatcher is back from Hell... and the lady's not for returning!"
Deltarune Chapter 2 release date revealed by Toby Fox
Deltarune Chapter 2 is almost upon us. We don't need to tell you to "please be excited" for this one.
Surreal web cartoon Tux and Fanny makes for a sublime video game
In one day I went from not knowing a thing about Tux and Fanny to proclaiming it the best video...
Battlefield 2042 release date bumped to November
Electronic Arts has confirmed that the upcoming military shooter Battlefield 2042 will be released one month later than planned. EA says...