Today’s Nintendo Direct Mini included updates on a small selection of upcoming Switch titles.
I think it’s fair to say that gaming’s Summer of Geoff has been a little disappointing. We’ve certainly seen some great reveals from Sony, and some half-decent presentations from CD Projekt Red, Ubisoft, and EA. Some of the indie showcases have also been entertaining. We’re also excited for Microsoft to unveil its Xbox Series X lineup later this week.
Surprised as we are to admit it, we miss the chaos of E3, and the compression of every announcement into one hype-fuelled week. We’ve also missed Nintendo.
Following a couple of Pokémon Directs and Treehouse event, the company today released a new Nintendo Direct Mini focused on games from third-party partners.
There’s not too much to get excited about, but some news is better than no news, right?
Nintendo Direct Mini announcements – July 20, 2020
- Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer – Three DLC expansions incoming. The Character Pack is out today, and the upcoming Melody Pack and Symphony of the Mask story pack are due before October. A complete physical release is out on October 23, 2020.
- Rogue Company – A new online multiplayer third-person shooter is on the way from Hi-Rez Studios.
- WWE 2K Battlegrounds – The terrible looking wrestling game comes to Switch on September 18, 2020.
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne – An HD remaster of the Atlus classic is due in 2021.
- Shin Megami Tensei V – Also due next year is the latest entry in the Atlus’s cult favourite RPG franchise.
Nintendo has confirmed that more Nintendo Direct Mini videos will be released later this year. We’re also yet to hear anything about the company’s first-party fall lineup, which is rumoured to include a collection of Super Mario HD remasters.
In the meantime, you can read about this week’s new Nintendo Switch releases right here.