Otherwise known as Fallout Shelter version 1.3, the Fallout Shelter Pets update brings dogs and cats to your Vault.
While Bethesda are busy patching the hell out of Fallout 4 to improve stability, performance, and generally quash those little game-twisting exploits – like having Dogmeat bust the Cryolator from its Master-level lockbox, or the infinite caps glitch – this update for Fallout Shelter is designed to bring some new content to the mobile wasteland experience.
Here’s the full details of the Fallout Shelter Pets update, direct from the horse’s* mouth:
- Vault-Tec research has shown that 4-legged companions can have a profound impact on Vault happiness and productivity. Introducing Pets!
- Vault-Tec has received reports of some Dwellers not pulling their weight. Overseers are now authorized to permanently evict these lazy layabouts! Welcome to the Wasteland, slackers…
- Bored with the same pickup lines and conversations? Dwellers have finally learned some new ways to impress other dwellers and the opposite sex.
- Excessive tapping causing frustration when trying to clear out excess inventory? Overseers will love the new sell all options.
- Dweller management improvements and new objectives should help experienced Overseers keep things running smoothly.
- Even more Vault-Tec certified improvements and optimizations. Because you can never have enough improvements or optimizations.
So there you have it. Now you’ve got the opportunity to have your very own Dogmeat or Vault Cat in the Fallout Shelter Pets update, just make sure you take good care of them: this update is for life, not just for Christmas.
*It’s just an expression; the Fallout Shelter Pets update does not in fact include horses.