Otherwise known as Fallout Shelter version 1.3, the Fallout Shelter Pets update brings dogs and cats to your Vault.
While Bethesda are busy patching the hell out of Fallout 4 to improve stability, performance, and generally quash those little game-twisting exploits – like having Dogmeat bust the Cryolator from its Master-level lockbox, or the infinite caps glitch – this update for Fallout Shelter is designed to bring some new content to the mobile wasteland experience.
Here’s the full details of the Fallout Shelter Pets update, direct from the horse’s* mouth:
- Vault-Tec research has shown that 4-legged companions can have a profound impact on Vault happiness and productivity. Introducing Pets!
- Vault-Tec has received reports of some Dwellers not pulling their weight. Overseers are now authorized to permanently evict these lazy layabouts! Welcome to the Wasteland, slackers…
- Bored with the same pickup lines and conversations? Dwellers have finally learned some new ways to impress other dwellers and the opposite sex.
- Excessive tapping causing frustration when trying to clear out excess inventory? Overseers will love the new sell all options.
- Dweller management improvements and new objectives should help experienced Overseers keep things running smoothly.
- Even more Vault-Tec certified improvements and optimizations. Because you can never have enough improvements or optimizations.
So there you have it. Now you’ve got the opportunity to have your very own Dogmeat or Vault Cat in the Fallout Shelter Pets update, just make sure you take good care of them: this update is for life, not just for Christmas.
*It’s just an expression; the Fallout Shelter Pets update does not in fact include horses.
Special delivery for you
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
New Xbox releases for July 26-30, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator and The Ascent headline the list of new games coming to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Battlefield 2042 beta set for September
Players can try out Battlefield 2042 this September ahead of an October launch.
Mario Golf: Super Rush review
Mayhem and mushrooms make Mario Golf: Super Rush another multiplayer delight for the Nintendo Switch.
Dead Space, Battlefield Portal and everything else at EA Play Live
Have you got those post-E3 blues? EA Play Live has you covered with a short presentation that packed a punch.
More great games join Xbox Game Pass from today
Microsoft Flight Simulator and Cris Tales are among the games joining Xbox Game Pass this month.
Hades wins big at the Game Developers Choice Awards
Hades and Ghost of Tsushima are the big winners at the 2021 Game Developers Choice Awards.
Umurangi Generation wins Grand Prize at the Independent Games Festival Awards
Umurangi Generation and Genesis Noir are among the winners at the 2021 Independent Games Festival Awards.
Pro Evolution Soccer is now eFootball in free-to-play shake-up
PES has gone free-to-play and it's got a new name to... stand out?