Want to download Mythical Pokémon Keldeo to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, X or Y? Here’s how you do it.
To celebrate Pokémon’s 20th Anniversary a new Mythical Pokémon is being made available to download every month throughout 2016.
This month’s Mythical Pokémon – Keldeo– was originally encountered in Pokémon Black and White in Ordinary Form and – after learning the Secret Sword move – in Resolute Form in the sequels, Black 2 and White 2
The downloadable Keldeo is a level 100, Ordinary Form and comes with the following moves: Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick, and Bubble Beam. However, a quick trip to Mauville City’s Move Tutor in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire will let you teach it the Secret Sword move.
Keldeo can be downloaded between 1st-24th October 2016 by connecting your Nintendo 3DS to the internet and following a few simple steps.
How to download Keldeo
- Charge up your 3DS, turn it on and make sure you can connect to the internet.
- Boot up either Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, X or Y and choose the ‘Mystery Gift’ option on the main menu.
- Then choose ‘Receive Gift’.
- You’ll be asked if it’s OK to open a Communication Channel. Say ‘Yes’.
- Then select ‘Get via Internet’.
- Select ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to connect to the internet.
- Maybe watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy while the 3DS does its thing.
- When asked if you want to ‘Receive this gift?’ say ‘Yes’.
- Once received, your new level 100 Keldeo can be retrieved from the delivery girl who will be standing in any Pokémon Center. Make sure you have a vacant spot in your party. You’ll also receive a Wonder Card that can be found in the ‘Mystery Gift’ menu.
- And make sure to save your game!
Genesect will be available via the Nintendo Network next month, followed by Meloetta in December.
Want more neat stuff?
If you want to keep abreast of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
New Xbox releases for July 26-30, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator and The Ascent headline the list of new games coming to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Battlefield 2042 beta set for September
Players can try out Battlefield 2042 this September ahead of an October launch.
Mario Golf: Super Rush review
Mayhem and mushrooms make Mario Golf: Super Rush another multiplayer delight for the Nintendo Switch.
Dead Space, Battlefield Portal and everything else at EA Play Live
Have you got those post-E3 blues? EA Play Live has you covered with a short presentation that packed a punch.
More great games join Xbox Game Pass from today
Microsoft Flight Simulator and Cris Tales are among the games joining Xbox Game Pass this month.
Hades wins big at the Game Developers Choice Awards
Hades and Ghost of Tsushima are the big winners at the 2021 Game Developers Choice Awards.
Umurangi Generation wins Grand Prize at the Independent Games Festival Awards
Umurangi Generation and Genesis Noir are among the winners at the 2021 Independent Games Festival Awards.
Pro Evolution Soccer is now eFootball in free-to-play shake-up
PES has gone free-to-play and it's got a new name to... stand out?