Want to download Mythical Pokémon Keldeo to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, X or Y? Here’s how you do it.
To celebrate Pokémon’s 20th Anniversary a new Mythical Pokémon is being made available to download every month throughout 2016.
This month’s Mythical Pokémon – Keldeo– was originally encountered in Pokémon Black and White in Ordinary Form and – after learning the Secret Sword move – in Resolute Form in the sequels, Black 2 and White 2
The downloadable Keldeo is a level 100, Ordinary Form and comes with the following moves: Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick, and Bubble Beam. However, a quick trip to Mauville City’s Move Tutor in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire will let you teach it the Secret Sword move.
Keldeo can be downloaded between 1st-24th October 2016 by connecting your Nintendo 3DS to the internet and following a few simple steps.
How to download Keldeo
- Charge up your 3DS, turn it on and make sure you can connect to the internet.
- Boot up either Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, X or Y and choose the ‘Mystery Gift’ option on the main menu.
- Then choose ‘Receive Gift’.
- You’ll be asked if it’s OK to open a Communication Channel. Say ‘Yes’.
- Then select ‘Get via Internet’.
- Select ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to connect to the internet.
- Maybe watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy while the 3DS does its thing.
- When asked if you want to ‘Receive this gift?’ say ‘Yes’.
- Once received, your new level 100 Keldeo can be retrieved from the delivery girl who will be standing in any Pokémon Center. Make sure you have a vacant spot in your party. You’ll also receive a Wonder Card that can be found in the ‘Mystery Gift’ menu.
- And make sure to save your game!
Genesect will be available via the Nintendo Network next month, followed by Meloetta in December.
Recommended for you
Enjoyed this article?
Found it interesting, entertaining, useful, or informative? Maybe it even saved you some money. That's great to hear! Sadly, independent publishing is struggling worse than ever, and Thumbsticks is no exception. So please, if you can afford to, consider supporting us via Patreon or buying us a coffee.