Want to download Mythical Pokémon Victini to Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? Here’s how.
To celebrate Pokémon’s 20th Anniversary a new Mythical Pokémon has been made available to download each month. In August it was the mighty Arceus but unfortunately it was only available by picking up a code from Gamestop, or Game in the UK. And who wants to go there?
This month’s Mythical Pokémon – Victini – is much easier to get. Victini was originally encountered in Pokémon Black and White by players who had acquired the Liberty Pass, but there are no such hurdles this time. Victini can be downloaded between 1st-24th September by connecting your Nintendo 3DS to the internet and following a few simple steps.
The level 100 Victini comes with the Victory Star ability and the following moves: Incinerate, Quick Attack, Endure and Confusion.
How to download Victini
- Charge up your 3DS, turn it on and make sure you can connect to the internet.
- Boot up either X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire and select the option for ‘Mystery Gift’ on the main menu.
- Then select ‘Receive Gift’.
- You’ll be asked if it’s OK to open a Communication Channel, say ‘Yes’.
- Then select ‘Get via Internet’.
- Select ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to connect to the internet.
- Make a cup of tea while the 3DS does its thing.
- When asked if you want to ‘Receive this gift?’ say ‘Yes’.
- Once received, your new level 100 Victini can be obtained from the delivery girl who will be in any Pokémon Center you visit. Make sure you have a vacant spot in your party. You’ll also receive a Wonder Card that can be found in the ‘Mystery Gift’ menu.
- And make sure to save your game!
Next month sees Keldeo made available via the Nintendo Network, followed by Genesect in November, and Meloetta in December.