Feral Interactive is bringing Life is Strange: Before the Storm to Mac and Linux next week.
Originally developed by Deck Nine, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a standalone story set three years before Dontnod’s 2015 breakout hit, Life is Strange.
The game was released across three separate episodes on PC and console, but comes to Mac and Linux on September 13, 2018 in one complete package. It will also be available in a Deluxe Edition with additional content, including the bonus episode, Farewell. The Deluxe Edition is priced at $24.82/£20.22/€24.82.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm centres on the friendship between fan-favourite Chloe Price, and rebellious friend Rachel Amber. In our review we said the powerful central relationship, and strong writing, combine to “elevate Before the Storm above the original series.”
Here are the system requirements you’ll need to play the game.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm – Mac system and model requirements
- AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards, 1.5GB Intel Iris 5100 or better.
- Mac Minis since late 2014
- 13″ MacBook Pros since 2013
- 15″ MacBook Pros since mid 2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better (2015 models with an AMD 370X are not supported)
- 21.5″ iMacs released since late 2013
- 27″ iMacs released since late 2013 (Late 2012 models with Nvidia 675 or Nvidia 680 also supported.)
- 27″ iMac Pros released since late 2017
- Mac Pros released since late 2013
Life is Strange: Before the Storm – Linux system requirements:
- OS: Ubuntu 18.04
- Processor: Intel Core i3-4130T @ 2.90GHz
- GPU: 2GB Nvidia GTX 680 or 2GB AMD R9 270 or better
- System RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 28GB
- AMD GPUs require Mesa driver 18.1.6, Nvidia cards require driver 396.54 or better.
- Intel GPUs are not supported
If Before the Storm is your first experience with the franchise – and you want to continue the story – Dontnod’s five-part original is also available on Mac and Linux from Feral Entertainment.
Enjoyed this article?
Found it interesting, entertaining, useful, or informative? Maybe it even saved you some money. That's great to hear! Sadly, independent publishing is struggling worse than ever, and Thumbsticks is no exception. So please, if you can afford to, consider supporting us via Patreon or buying us a coffee.
A video game vision of Britain, from Fable to Watch Dogs Legion
Control Ultimate Edition doesn’t fit on an Xbox One disc (but does on PS4)
Fall Guys, Among Us give Cliff Bleszinski hope that he may return to games
Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. release window confirmed by Nintendo
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla post-launch DLC detailed
Save up to 85% with these new Xbox Game Store deals
Surprising nobody, 2K adds annoying, unskippable ads to NBA 2K21
Xbox Elite Wireless Controller warranty extended following lawsuit
Support Thumbsticks on Patreon, for as low as $1 a month, and you'll get a login to a speedy, ad-free version of the site.