Reminder: Today’s update for Super Mario Maker 2 adds Link from The Legend of Zelda as a playable character.
Update Ver. 2.0.0 for Super Mario Maker 2 drops today, adding new course parts, a new gameplay mode, and a new playable character in the shape of Link from The Legend of Zelda.
The headline addition is the new Master Sword item. When picked up, Mario transforms into Link, who is equipped with new moves and weapons including the Master Swords, bombs and a bow. Link’s weapons can be used to interact with levels and perform actions such as shooting switches and coins.
The update also includes three other new course parts – the Dash Block, Frozen Coin, and P Block – and two new enemies: Spike and Pokey.
Super Mario Maker 2 – Ver. 2.0.0 update
- Master Sword – Turn into Link and wield a sword, bow and bombs
- Dash Block – Go fast with this new block that is only available in the Super Mario 3D World style
- Frozen Coin – Coins that are surrounded ice and can only be released if melted
- P Block – A P Switch that can turn invisible P Blocks turn into hard platforms, or vice-versa
- Spike – The classic foe returns to launch spike balls or snowballs at our heroes
- Pokey – Players can edit the height of the fan-favourite cactus
In the new Ninji Speedruns mode, players can also take on timed challenge courses created by Nintendo. Other players’ Ninji Ghosts will run alongside players as they compete against rivals from around the world. The Ninji Ghosts that appear are of a similar level, so players can gradually improve their performance. Clearing courses earn stamps that can be redeemed on special Mii costumes.
Take a look at the additions in the new trailer.