Nintendo Switch AR racing game Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit has received a surprise free update that adds split-screen multiplayer.
Nintendo has released a new update for Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit that adds multiplayer split-screen and relay race modes, plus a new Luigi Cup to compete in.
In Relay Race mode, up to four players can take turns driving one kart. Split-screen multiplayer requires two kart seats and two Joy-Cons or Pro Controllers, but only one Nintendo Switch console, which displays the feed from both karts on one screen.
Take a look at the features in the Version 2.0 Trailer. You can find out more about the making of Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit in our GDC report from earlier this year.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Ver. 2.0.0 Update Patch Notes
- Luigi Cup was added to Grand Prix. Fulfill certain conditions in Luigi Cup to acquire two new Environments and three new Gate Types to use in Course Creation.
- The POLTERGUST G-00 and SPOOKY HORN have been added to Kart Customization in game. Acquire them by fulfilling certain conditions in Luigi Cup.
- Relay Race was added to Multiplayer. This is a cooperative mode where up to four players take turns driving one kart, playing as Princess Peach, Toad, Yoshi, and Mario/Luigi (depending on the kart used) against Bowser Jr., and the Koopalings.
- Enough controllers to match the number of players is required to play Relay Race.
- Split Screen was added to Multiplayer. Connect two karts to one Nintendo Switch console, to play together at the same time. The video feed from the karts will be divided onto the screen, allowing two feeds to be displayed at once.
- Playing Split Screen requires two karts, and two Joy-Con, or Pro controllers.
- Adjustments made to enhance the play experience of the game.
How did we do?
We hope you found this article useful, or informative, or thought provoking, or maybe even a little entertaining. Perhaps it was a guide that helped you through a tricky bit, or we even saved you some money? Lovely stuff! If you'd like to say "thanks" you could always buy the team a cup of coffee.
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
New Nintendo Switch releases: December 6-10, 2021
Loop Hero and Life is Strange: True Colors headline this week's lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox releases: December 6-10, 2021
Upcoming Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One releases include Halo Infinite and Rune Factory 4 Special.
Three great games are free to play on Xbox this weekend.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold members can play three new games for free until Sunday.
Here are the Xbox Games with Gold for December
In case you missed it, here are the four games available through Xbox Games with Gold in December 2021.
Pac-Man – Birth of an Icon review
Pac-Man - Birth of an Icon details the meteoric rise of Namco's groundbreaking arcade game in glorious, vivid detail.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Nintendo Switch release date confirmed
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, the critically acclaimed strategy adventure game from Vanillaware, will be released for Nintendo Switch in April...
Icarus from DayZ creator Dean Hall is out this week
Icarus is the latest title from Dean Hall's post-DayZ studio. Will it fly too close to the sun like DayZ...
New PlayStation Store releases: November 29 – December 3, 2021
This week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases for the PS4 and PS5 includes Evil Genius 2: World Domination and Solar...