The second patch for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered adds a Wrap Editor and a next-gen performance boost.
The rather spiffing update of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered receives its second patch today, which adds a host of bug fixes and improvements, plus a new Wrap Editor feature.
The Wrap Editor – which will be familiar to players of more recent games in the series – allows for vehicle customisation using colours and decals. It’s a pretty neat addition, and although your creations can’t be shared with other players, they can be seen in online races, including cross-play games.
Patch 2 is also a welcome update for players on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. The game now runs at 4K and 60FPS.
Here are the full patch notes for the update.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered – Patch 2
- Added the Wrap Editor functionality
- Added a decal editor
- Enabled customised wraps to be seen in online races
- Implemented a reporting functionality for wrap content after the end of an online race
- Implemented a new Maximum Setting mode for Gen 4+ and Gen 5 consoles. This allows the game to run in 4K60fps on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, and uncapped to 4k50+ on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X
- Overall stability improvements and memory usage optimisation
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash during the “Protect and Swerve” event, when entering the menu during a collision and restarting the game
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the title crashing when too much autolog data was retrieved from the server, for example by having many friends that raced the same tracks as yourself.
- When changing from Interceptor to another game mode, the lobby should no longer be locked to two players
- Cars should no longer spawn on top of each other during multiplayer Most Wanted events
- The correct PSN icon is now showing in the Friends menu
- Fixed an issue where not all player positions were shown during a multiplayer Most Wanted event in a full lobby
- Corrected the position of a floating patch of grass in front of the Seacrest Tiki Motel
- Fixed a corrupted frame that would appear during the Sand Timer race event
- VoIP settings are working more reliably, and the VoIP icons are displayed correctly
- When unlocking a specific event, the correct cinematic should now be playing
- Fixed a few instance to better align UI elements
- Joining a friend via “Join Session” should now be working as intended
- Fixed an issue where the title could crash when switching controllers when the Xbox menu was open
- Fixed a rare occasion where players could get stuck in the transition from lobby screen to race
- Optimised autolog reporting functionality
Special delivery for you!
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Latest from Thumbsticks
Fall Guys is coming to Xbox, Nintendo Switch (and going free-to-play)
Fall Guys is going free-to-play, in addition to releasing on Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and the Epic Games Store.
Sony outlines revamped PlayStation Plus launch lineup
Here's every game – including PS5, PS4, and a selection of PS3, PS1, and PSP classics – included in the...
Remedy offers progress update on upcoming projects
Remedy's financial results provide some insights into the progress of Alan Wake 2, its Control spin-offs, and more.
This week’s PlayStation releases (May 16-20, 2022)
This week's lineup of new PlayStation releases include Outward: Definitive Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong, and Truck Driver: Definitive...
This week’s Xbox releases (May 16-20, 2022) – updated
Umurangi Generation and a new Vampire: The Masquerade game headline this week's new Xbox releases.
This week’s Nintendo Switch releases (May 16-21, 2022)
Goetia 2 and Guild of Dungeoneering are among the lineup of new Nintendo Switch releases this week.
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards comes to Nintendo Switch next week
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards will be available for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass next week.
Farming Simulator 19: Ambassador Edition announced and dated
Giants Software reveals the new "bang for the buck" Farming Simulator 19: Ambassador Edition.