Here’s the full roundup of this week’s eShop video game releases for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS, plus details of the first Switch Online NES games.
It’s a busier than usual week on the Nintendo eShop, with a raft of brand new games joined by 20 NES classics available as part of the Nintendo Switch Online Service.
Pick of the week is Toby Fox’s genre-breaking RPG, Undertale. Expect to see this marvellous game become a phenomenon all over again.
Other Nintendo Switch releases include the enjoyable day-glow parkour game, Hover, and the standalone release of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country.
As usual, this list is subject to change, so check back for updates throughout the week.
Here is the current lineup of Nintendo eShop releases.
Nintendo eShop releases for September 17-21, 2018
Monday September 17, 2018
- Omvorm (EU) – £6.99
Tuesday September 18, 2018
- Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle – £15.99/$19.99
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk – (US) $49.99
- Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition – £TBC/$TBC
- Omvorm (US) – $7.49
- Scribblenauts Mega Pack – £24.99/$39.99
- Speed Brawl – £TBC/$19.99
- Sword of the Guardian – £TBC/$11.99
- Undertale – £11.99/$14.99
Wednesday September 19, 2018
- Siegecraft Commander – £17.99/$19.99
Thursday September 20, 2018
- ACA NeoGeo Cyber-Lip – £6.99/$7.99
- Arcade Archives Excitebike – £6.99/$7.99
- A Case of Distrust – £13.49/$14.99
- The Gardens Between – £17.99/$19/99
- Hover – £22.49/$24.99
- Life Goes On – £9.99/$12.99
- Light Fingers – £TBC/$19.99
- Little Dragons Café (EU) – £40.49
- MagiCat – £4.49/$4.99
- Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae – £10.79/$11.90
- Reigns: Kings & Queens – £7.19/$7.99
- Retimed – £12.39/$14.99
- Risk of Rain – £9.99
- SEGA AGES Sonic The Hedgehog – £5.99/$7.99
- SEGA AGES Thunder Force IV – £5.99/$7.99
- THE Card: Poker, Texas hold ‘em, Blackjack and Page One – £4.49/$4.99
- Velocity 2X – £14.99/$14.99
Friday September 21, 2018
- Broken Sword 5 – the Serpent’s Curse – £24.99/$29.99
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk – (UK) £44.99
- My Brother Rabbit – £13.49/$14.99
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country – £TBC/$39.99
This week also sees the launch of the new Switch Online subscription service. Membership includes cloud game saves, online multiplayer, and access to an initial batch of 20 retooled Nintendo Entertainment System games. Here’s the day one lineup.
NES – Switch Online releases
- Balloon Fight
- Donkey Kong
- Double Dragon
- Dr. Mario
- Ghosts’n Goblins
- Ice Climber
- Ice Hockey
- The Legend of Zelda
- Mario Bros.
- Pro Wrestling
- River City Ransom
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Tecmo Bowl
Special delivery for you
If you want to keep on top of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 20th Anniversary Edition detailed
Sega has confirmed details of the Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 20th Anniversary Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition.
New Nintendo Switch releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Mario Golf: Super Rush and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 top this week’s lineup of new Nintendo Switch eShop releases.
New Xbox Series X|S releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Bandai Namco’s Scarlet Nexus headlines next week's lineup of new Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S releases.
New PlayStation Store releases (June 21-25, 2021)
Next week's lineup of new PlayStation Store releases sees some old favourites get a new lease of life.
You can now design custom Xbox Series X|S controllers
Let your imagination run wild – the Xbox Design Lab has re-opened, and you can now design custom Xbox Series...
Nintendo’s Doug Bowser clarifies the future of Animal Crossing after E3 absence
Fans hoping for an update on Animal Crossing: New Horizons at E3 came away disappointed. Worry not, says Doug Bowser.
Bethesda’s Pete Hines ‘sorry’ for frustration that Starfield won’t come to PlayStation 5
In an interview, Bethesda's senior vice president of marketing, Pete Hines, spoke to PlayStation fans, apologising for the frustration that...
Metro Exodus Xbox Series X|S and PS5 upgrade detailed
With Metro Exodus about to launch on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, developer 4A Games has outlined some of...