PUBG Corp. has given the third map for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Sanhok, a release date of June 22nd.
The news was confirmed in a post on Twitter, and it was confirmed that the new map will be a part of Update 15, on PC.
The Tweet read:
“Smaller Map. Bigger Action. After four rounds of testing, Sanhok will finally be ready for launch on 6/22 with PC Patch #15. In the meantime, this update is now available on Test Servers.”
This is from the official patch notes:
- “Added a new map: Sanhok (pronounced “sah-nok”)
- Sanhok is 4km x 4km map (one fourth the size of Erangel or Miramar). Although games tend to end a little more quickly on this tiny island, battles are still massive. Every game still features 100 players.
- Certain settings have been customized specifically for Sanhok to better fit its unique design. Details are below.”
The new map is considerably smaller than the other two maps, Erangel and Miramar, but it is densely packed.
See the full patch notes for a comprehensive breakdown of the areas featured in the map. They look intriguing, with an abandoned archaeological site, a complex of temple ruins, a sprawling holiday resort, and a massive quarry.
Also on Thumbsticks:
- Sony announces the PlayStation Hits range
- Forza Horizon 4 has Crazy Taxi inspired narrative missions
- Fallout 76 beta coming to Xbox One first