Chaotic new game mode revealed at the Rocket League Championship Series in Hollywood.
Psyonix certainly know how to nurture a game and look after its players. At this weekend’s tournament in California another free new game mode was announced for release in September.
Rocket League Rumble introduces randomised power-ups to the game, adding a sprinkle of Mario Kart to proceedings. Each of the 11 new power-ups twists the game’s formula by changing the behaviour of the ball, the player and your opponents. As with the Hoops and Mutator modes Rocket League Rumble will also appear in online playlists and will be available in both Private and Exhibition matches.
The complete Rocket League Rumble power-up list:
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
The September game update will also feature additional changes and features with Psyonix promising more details soon.