The new patch for Super Mario 3D All-Stars on Nintendo Switch gives the game a much-needed control update.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars has had a bit of a rough ride since being announced by Nintendo. Fans were upset that the game didn’t get much of a visual overhaul and that it was also a limited-time release. And when it came out in September, some players circled their cameras in dismay as they discovered the game – and Super Mario Sunshine in particular – didn’t support inverted camera controls.
Nintendo has now rectified that problem with the Super Mario 3D All-Stars Ver. 1.1.0 update. The patch adds inverted camera controls to all three games, but it’s Super Mario Sunshine that benefits the most. The original GameCube version featured an inverted camera as default, so it was puzzling to see it changed for the reissue.
The update also adds support for the Nintendo GameCube controller, although you’ll also need to pick up the expensive GameCube Controller Adapter peripheral.
The visuals of each game remain as they were, but that’s no bad thing. In my review of Super Mario 3D All-Stars, I said: “All three games look better than ever and provide hours and hours of exquisitely designed and consistently inventive entertainment.”
Here are the full patch notes for the Ver. 1.1.0 update.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars – Ver. 1.1.0 update
- Players can now invert the camera controls within all three individual titles.
- Super Mario Sunshine now supports the Nintendo GameCube controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls as found in the original GameCube release.
- The Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine is supported only in TV mode.
- You’ll need the GameCube Controller Adapter (sold separately) to use this controller with your Nintendo Switch system.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite system does not support this controller option.
- All button displays within Super Mario Sunshine will not reflect the Nintendo GameCube controller.
- Other general fixes have been applied to improve overall gameplay across all three titles.
We may receive a small commission on purchases made from online stores.