Total War: Warhammer II is announced for release in September, and will be getting two special editions.
Creative Assembly’s much-anticipated strategy sequel, Total War: Warhammer II, has been confirmed for release on September 28th, 2017. The news came at the PC Gaming Show held in the run up to this week’s E3.
Set in a brand new region of the Warhammer world, the game adds four new playable races to a new narrative-led campaign.
Players who pre-order the game, or buy it during release week – through a Sega approved retailer – will receive a free Race Pack expansion for the original Total War: Warhammer. The expansion, which has yet to be detailed, will be released and playable before the arrival of Warhammer II in August.
Also available to pre-order is the collector’s Serpent God Edition, which contains the aforementioned Race Pack DLC, an art book, stickers, and a map, among other goodies.
Serpent God Edition contents
- Race Pack DLC, featuring currently unannounced content for Total War: Warhammer
- Replica stone-effect Puzzle Sphere
- Replica carved bone-effect Totems
- Art book illustrated with exclusive concept art
- Embossed metal case
- Insider Guide: A printed strategy guide
- Sticker Sheet featuring artwork of the four races vying for control of the Great Vortex
- Canvas map with Lizardmen artwork
- Saurus Blade necklace with hidden 4GB USB drive
The Serpent Edition is available exclusively in limited numbers via the Total War website for the princely sum of $150. A Limited Edition will also be available at selected retailers that will include the metal case and Insider Guide.
If you’re at E3 this week, you can play Total War: Warhammer II – along with a range of other games from Sega and Atlus – on the show floor.