Fall Guys, The Elder Scrolls, and Sonic the Hedgehog headline this week’s lineup of new Xbox releases.
It’s a crowded week on the Xbox store, with no fewer than 27 games. Not all of them are great, we’re sure, but it is packed with some notable games after a few lean weeks.
First up, The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle. Another expansion for the very online Elder Scrolls game. This one, as the name suggests, takes us to High Isle, one of the islands in the Systres archipelago, in the ocean far west of Hammerfell. If you like ESO, then more ESO is only a good thing.
Fall Guys, the not battle royale from Mediatonic, also stumbles onto Xbox platforms this week. The expansion into new platforms (it’s also on Nintendo Switch) marks the game’s transition to free-to-play, so it won’t cost you a penny – so long as you can resist the lure of the in-game purchases. It’s a lot of fun, though, and this change will no doubt inject new players and new life into a game that very much relies on its active user base.
If you like old stuff, however, you’re going to really enjoy the other big games on the Xbox release list this week.
First up, Sonic Origins, which features the first four Sonic the Hedgehog games for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and the Sega CD. That’s Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic CD, and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. There’s plenty to enjoy there, and you can’t go wrong with Sonic the Hedgehog. (And Knuckles.)
Capcom Fighting Collection, meanwhile, features such a wealth of games, we’re going to have to present them as a bulleted list:
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (1994)
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge (1995)
- Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (1997)
- Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge (1997)
- Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (1997)
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (1996)
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (1997)
- Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness (1995)
- Red Earth (1996)
- Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition (2003)
We’d be remiss not to mention Blade Runner Enhanced Edition, the gentle remaster of the brilliant 90s adventure game, and three games from the Shadowrun series.
We’ll update this page with any late arrivals throughout the week.
New Xbox releases: June 20-24, 2022
Monday, June 20, 2022
- Broken Mind
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle
- Fall Guys
- Milky Way Prince – The Vampire Star
- Shadowrun Returns
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut
- Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
- Drunken Fist 2: Zombie Hangover
- Firegirl: Hack ‘n Splash Rescue DX
- Sonic Origins
- Why Pizza?
Thursday, June 23, 2022
- Blade Runner Enhanced Edition
- Capcom Fighting Collection
- Deliver us the Moon
- Hatsune Miku Jigsaw Puzzle
- Him & Her Collection
- Naraka: Bladepoint
- Steve Jackson’s Sorcery!
- Strategic Mind: The Pacific
- Urban Flow
- A Winter’s Daydream
- AI: The Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative
Friday, June 24, 2022
- Book of Adventum
- Newfound Courage
- Pure Chase 80’s
Take a look at this week’s crop of new Nintendo Switch games.