With Xbox Series X still due for a holiday launch, Microsoft lays out plans for the future.
Looking forward to Halo Infinite? Curious about the future of Project xCloud? Eager to hear the Xbox Series X boot-up sequence?
Well, Xbox has some good news for you. In a blog post on Xbox Wire, Microsoft CVP of Gaming Marketing, Jerret West, provided an outline for the rest of 2020.
Xbox Series X Roadmap
Some quick takeaways:
- Microsoft still plans to launch Xbox Series X and its flagship game, Halo Infinite, this holiday season.
- Microsoft will show off next-gen gameplay for the first time during Inside Xbox, this Thursday at 8 AM PDT.
- Inside Xbox will include a look at the recently announced Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, among other third-party and indie games.
- On the Inside Xbox stream, Microsoft will be confirming some of the games that will utilise Smart Delivery.
- All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are working on next-generation games.
- Project xCloud is expanding into new countries and onto new devices. Later this year, Microsoft will begin bundling it with Xbox Game Pass.
- And we may have our first look at the Series X boot-up sequence…
For more information, you can read West’s full blog post here.