Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA is coming to PC this month, we hope.
NIS America has announced a ‘target global release date’ of January 30, 2018 for the PC edition of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA.
The game was released on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita last year to wide acclaim, and debuted at No. 1 in the Japanese software chart.
The PC edition of the game includes new in-game optimisations – such as new audio and tweaks to graphical text – plus some welcome localisation revisions including improvements to the game’s script.
All of the changes will be patched into the console versions day and date, assuming that date is indeed January 30, 2018. We’ve never seen a publisher use the term ‘target global release date’ quite so close to the day itself, so here’s hoping that there aren’t any unforeseen setbacks.
For a week after release PC users will also be able to download the following items for for free:
- Adol’s Adventure Essentials DLC – Includes Adol’s Silver Armor, Adol’s Adventurer Clothes, and Adol’s Survival Kit
- Digital Mini Art Book – 32-page full-color art book
- Digital Soundtrack Sampler – five tracks
- Costume – Laxia’s “Eternian Scholar” outfit
The promotion ends on February 6, 2018.
More gaming goodness from Thumbsticks
- Dragon Ball FighterZ launch party and beta detailed
- What video games are you playing this January?
- What are the Warhammer: Vermintide 2 system requirements?