The fantasy-themed Crystal Isles expansion for Ark: Survival Evolved is out now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The expansion is a free download and includes a range of biomes spread across a map some 150 square kilometres in size. That’s the equivalent of twevltytrillion half-size snooker tables.
Here’s how developers Studio Wildcard describe the new region:
- The Great Valley: A rainforest with bogs and towering tree limbs that lend new options for base-building.
- Eldritch Isle: An eerie and challenging realm worth braving for its valuable resources, like element and oil.
- Emberfall: A fantastic region of vibrant foliage and volcanic danger that also rewards exploration.
- Apotheosis: A cluster of floating islands tangled with vines and roots, shot through with cavernous pockets, and spilling over with waterfalls.
- New Wyverns: Three unique types of crystal wyvern species to tame and breed.
In addition, there’s an all new custom boss arena to enjoy.
The new Ark: Survival Evolved map is already available on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store. We understand that there are no plans to bring the expansion to the notoriously poor Nintendo Switch port. Probably for the best.