Funcom announce an official release date for Conan Exiles, and it’s coming to retail too.
Conan Exiles will be released on May 8, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, a little later than the previously mooted Q1 2018 release window.
Funcom are also partnering with Koch Media for a physical release. The standard Day One Edition includes a printed map of the Exiled Lands, along with the Atlantean Sword in-game weapon. The Collector’s Edition includes the usual selection of toys and downloads.
Conan Exiles Collector’s Edition contents
- 6 inch Conan the Barbarian figurine
- Full-colour comic book created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics
- Not one, not two, but three soundtracks, featuring the music from Conan Exiles, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer
- Full-color art-book
- Full-color printed map
- Code for six digital comic books from Dark Horse Comics
- Code for a digital rule book created by Modiphius for their Conan pen and paper role-playing game
To be fair, it’s one of the better special editions we’ve seen in recent times, so nice work. Here’s a new trailer to celebrate the announcement. As Conan himself might say, “Hip hip hooray!”
If you’re interested in Conan Exiles, and can’t wait until May, the game remains available to play right now via Steam Early Access, and Xbox One Game Preview.
Joel Bylos, creative director at Funcom, says that player feedback is still useful to the development team:
“Early Access and Game Preview has been an absolutely invaluable tool for us in developing Conan Exiles. Being able to get direct feedback from players has allowed us to focus our work on improvements, bug fixes, and new content. We still have a few months to go and are by no means done squashing bugs and making improvements. We’re working hard on new content and gameplay mechanics – including the new jungle and volcano biomes!”
More from Thumbsticks
- Druckmann teases The Last of Us Part II details
- A fix for Batman’s Switch save issue is on the way
- Could the new FromSoftware game be Tenchu?