Want to download the Legendary Pokémon Palkia and Dialga to Pokémon Sun, Ultra Sun, Moon, or Ultra Moon? Here’s how.
The year-long Legendary Pokémon celebration has begun with free download codes now available for Palkia and Dialga. Palkia is available for owners of Pokémon Sun and Ultra Sun, whilst Dialga can be downloaded to Pokémon Moon and Ultra Moon.
Codes can be picked up until the end of February from participating branches of Game in the UK, and GameStop in the US. They need to be redeemed by May 28, 2018.
Each Legendary is slightly different. The level 100 Ultra Sun version of Palkia features the Pressure ability, plus the Spacial Rend, Aura Sphere, Draco Meteor, and Hydro Pump moves. The Level 60 version for Sun has the same ability, plus the Aura Sphere, Aqua Tail, Spacial Rend and Hydro Pump moves.
The level 100 Ultra Moon version of Dialga also features the Pressure ability, and is armed with Roar of Time, Aura Sphere, Draco Meteor, and Flash Cannon. The Level 60 version for Moon has the same ability, plus the Aura Sphere, Iron Tail, Roar of Time, and Flash Cannon moves.
How to download Palkia and Dialgai
- Charge up your 3DS, turn it on and make sure you can connect to the internet.
- Boot up either Sun, Ultra Sun, Moon, or Ultra Moon and select the ‘Mystery Gift’ option on the main menu.
- Select ‘Receive Gift’.
- You’ll be asked if it’s OK to open a Communication Channel, say ‘Yes’.
- Select ‘Get via Internet’.
- Select ‘Yes’ when asked if you want to connect to the internet.
- Take a long bath while the 3DS does its thing, but don’t take your 3DS with you.
- When asked if you want to ‘Receive this gift?’ say ‘Yes’.
- Once received, your new Pokémon can be obtained from the delivery person in any Pokémon Center. Make sure you have a vacant spot in your party.
- And make sure to save your game!
Next month you can look forward to receiving Heatran and Regigigas.
More from Thumbsticks
- Fan prints and frames entire Breath of the Wild Hero’s Path
- PlayStation Store releases for February 6, 2018
- Toy-Con Garage lets you make your own Nintendo Labo creations
Want more neat stuff?
If you want to keep abreast of the latest news, features, reviews, guides, and sales, we can send all our latest articles and great content straight to your inbox. You know, collated together, once or twice a week, in a newsletter. We wouldn't send them one at a time – that would be weird and annoying!
Recommended for you
Latest from Thumbsticks
Marvel’s Avengers is now free on PS4, PS5, PC, and Stadia
Square Enix opens up Marvel's Avengers to PlayStation, Steam, and Stadia players for the next three days.
Ori: The Collection bundles both games on one Nintendo Switch cartridge
Iam8bit, the specialist publisher of collector's editions, is bringing Ori: The Collection to Nintendo Switch later this year.
PlayStation Plus gets three games in August 2021
Sony reveals the free video games available to PlayStation Plus subscribers in August 2021.
The Xbox Games with Gold for August 2021 are pretty good
The Xbox Games with Gold lineup for August 2021 includes an underrated sequel and a flawed but fun homage to...
Krispy Kreme developing Nexus Level Doughnut in partnership with Xbox
This Krispy Kreme / Xbox mashup doughnut looks delicious, sure, but why is it called the "Nexus Level" doughnut?
Is Valve’s Steam Deck the perfect gateway to PC gaming?
With a simple and approachable device like the Steam Deck, will PC gaming finally get its hooks into console gamers?
The next Monster Hunter Rise event adds Okami’s Amaterasu
Capcom has announced that the next collaboration event for Monster Hunter Rise will feature Amaterasu from Okami.
This tech demo from Gears of War developer The Coalition is unreal
Unreal Engine 5 running on the Xbox Series X, that is.