What is that buzzing? Where is the insect? How do I catch it? Here’s how to catch the Mole Cricket in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
There’s nothing more relaxing than taking a stroll around your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but what is that buzzing sound disturbing the peace?
It is, in fact, a Mole Cricket, a perfectly harmless critter that can only be detected by its buzz. The Mole Cricket is available from November to May in the Northern Hemisphere, and May to November on Southern Hemisphere islands. It’s available 24-hours a day but takes a little bit of effort to catch. Here’s a quick guide.
How to catch a Mole Cricket in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- You can’t deliberately set out to catch a Mole Cricket, so just go for a stroll and listen out for its buzz.
- Once you hear the buzz, stop walking. We recommend wearing headphones as it makes it a little easier to pinpoint the cricket’s location.
- Walk around slowly until the sound is at its loudest. It should be roughly equal in each ear.
- Pull out your shovel and start digging up the ground around you.
- When you find the right spot, the cricket will appear and start jumping away.
- Swap to your net and set off in hot pursuit. If you’re quick enough, you’ll catch the rascal before it escapes.
The first time you catch a Mole Cricket, you should donate it to Blathers at the museum. Subsequent crickets can be sold to the Nooks for 500 bells. Not too shabby.